New Summer Promo from BW

Old May 11, 2021, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
New Summer Promo from BW

I got this earlier today as an Elite member:

"Choose your rewarding adventure and register today!"

Get 5000 Bonus points for each night after you stay (Limit 3 nights)

And 5000 Bonus points after every 5 nights.

OR

Get a $20 Best Western gift card for each night after you stay (limit 5 gift cards)

And 5000 BWR Bonus points after every 5 stays.

*so, check your email or the special offers section of the BW website).*
synergistic, Eastbay1K and vincewy like this.

Last edited by TTC900Rocket; May 12, 2021 at 9:12 am Reason: additional comment
Old May 16, 2021, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
*so, check your email or the special offers section of the BW website).*
The BW website offer isn't the same. It's for up to 5 $20 gift cards, but not the 5000 bonus every 5th stay part. (The 5000 bonuses, under any conditions, are only in the Elite email offer.)

And the Elite email offer has to be registered by May 16 (today). The BW website offer you can register for anytime.
Old May 16, 2021, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

I'm just retyping the offer I got from my email and perhaps different Elites or different regions receive different offers on the website.

In fact, I don't ever get anything great when I look under "Special Offers", but my emails get far superior specials..

Also, I'm in Canada, and we can be... different, sometimes.
Old May 16, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Try those links

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/of...sh2/cyoa1.html (5K points)

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/of...sh2/cyoa2.html (Giftcard)
Old May 23, 2021, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vincewy
Now that May 16th is gone, both of those links just resolve to the public offer for gift cards with no 5k points component at all:

https://www.bestwestern.com/content/...ardsrush2.html
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Impressive how quickly the bonus points post. I had my first stay under this promo Sunday night, checked out Monday, points posted Wednesday.
vincewy likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:36 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
does anyone know if you get the $20 gift card on award stays?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EqualOpp
does anyone know if you get the $20 gift card on award stays?
Of course not. To get the $20 gift card, you have to do an "eligible" stay. Read the T&Cs, and you'll see that the definition is:

*An “eligible night” stay for the purpose of this promotion is defined as a night at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands, at a rate eligible for earning points

Award stays aren't "a rate eligible for earning points".
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Of course not. To get the $20 gift card, you have to do an "eligible" stay. Read the T&Cs, and you'll see that the definition is:

*An “eligible night” stay for the purpose of this promotion is defined as a night at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands, at a rate eligible for earning points

Award stays aren't "a rate eligible for earning points".
some chains you do earn points on award stays, Like IHG! Welcome bonuses!
Old Jul 4, 2021, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EqualOpp
some chains you do earn points on award stays, Like IHG! Welcome bonuses!
Welcome bonuses don't count. You don't earn normal points on an award stay with IHG, and as a result most IHG promotions also don't work on award stays (or even points + cash stays). (I have to say "most", because when IHG runs Accelerate promos with multiple tasks -- and who knows if they ever will again? -- some tasks for some people would sometimes be to do an award stay or a points + cash stay of some sort. But it was only those tasks that specifically said you had to that kind of stay on which you could earn promo points on an award stay. Other task would require a paid stay, and those wouldn't work with either award stays or points + cash stays.)

So the fact that some chains give welcome bonuses and such on award stays is irrelevant to issue that most promos don't work on award stays because they only work on stays that earn normal stay points (ie, points based on your paid rate).
Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Welcome bonuses don't count. You don't earn normal points on an award stay with IHG, and as a result most IHG promotions also don't work on award stays (or even points + cash stays). (I have to say "most", because when IHG runs Accelerate promos with multiple tasks -- and who knows if they ever will again? -- some tasks for some people would sometimes be to do an award stay or a points + cash stay of some sort. But it was only those tasks that specifically said you had to that kind of stay on which you could earn promo points on an award stay. Other task would require a paid stay, and those wouldn't work with either award stays or points + cash stays.)

So the fact that some chains give welcome bonuses and such on award stays is irrelevant to issue that most promos don't work on award stays because they only work on stays that earn normal stay points (ie, points based on your paid rate).
Why couldn't you have just supported my confirmation bias?

Guess I'm not doing a paid BW stay in Texas then....
Old Sep 3, 2021, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

I opted for the points offer as opposed to the $20 gift cards (and received them), but I just saw that 5*$20 gift cards emailed to me.

Also hit the highest status (probably spent 30 days at various BW hotels), so it was a great summer for points, gift cards, and traveling, of course.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:17 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
I opted for the points offer as opposed to the $20 gift cards (and received them), but I just saw that 5*$20 gift cards emailed to me.

Also hit the highest status (probably spent 30 days at various BW hotels), so it was a great summer for points, gift cards, and traveling, of course.
Same here. Points and gift cards. Works for me.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I guess this belongs to the world of Autumn promotions, but there are a couple of interesting offers at the moment, for those of us in Germany anyway.

The first one offers a chance to win a gift card worth €750 or 7,500 BW points, in addition to collecting 750 points for your next stay. This goes for stays in Austria, Croatia, Czechia, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Slovenia and Switzerland.
There is also an offer from Lufthansa Miles & More offering 2,000 M&M miles for up to 3 stays this Autumn. (I can't seem to find anywhere the email which contained this offer, so maybe it can be found on the M&M website).

It does say in the TCs that if you are signed up to collect miles then you cannot benefit from the 750 extra points offer (which is apparently also awarded up to a maximum of 3 times). I'm just not sure if it's really aimed at members with an address in one of the countries cited above.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Is a 'Sure Stay hotel by Best Western" a "Best Western Branded Hotel" for the purpose of the $20 gift card per night promotion?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.