Wiki Posts
Search

$25 gift card promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2021, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
$25 gift card promo

I was wondering for the Spring 2021 gift card promo that gives a $25 gift card per stay between certain dates that expires in August, is there a limit to how many can be redeemed at once. Like, if I make 4 stays during the promo period, could I use all 4 gift cards on 1 $100 stay in summer or do I have to do 4 separate stays and use one promotional gift card per stay?
Old Mar 21, 2021, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1353513636
I was wondering for the Spring 2021 gift card promo that gives a $25 gift card per stay between certain dates that expires in August, is there a limit to how many can be redeemed at once. Like, if I make 4 stays during the promo period, could I use all 4 gift cards on 1 $100 stay in summer or do I have to do 4 separate stays and use one promotional gift card per stay?
You can generally use more than 1 gift card redemption per stay, but the hotel has to process them (typically overnight or in the morning) one at a time, so you may want to consider whether giving them "too many" at once will confuse them. The thing you need to know is that when they process one of your gift cards, you can't easily tell which one they processed. So for that reason I prefer to give one or just two at a time per stay, so there's less chance of confusion if there's any problem.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
You can register all your GCs here so you can see which one(s) they've used, totally or partially.
TTC900Rocket and sdsearch like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Stayed at a hotel on Thursday night before Easter weekend, and received my gift card on Tuesday; just in time for my next stay this coming weekend.

That was fast!
Brendan likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Its been 2 weeks, and no sign of my gift cards...
Its been 1 week, and no sign of a reply to my follow up email...
Old Apr 27, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I received my other 3 gift cards in one email, so I was able to hit the max 4 gcs for this promotion.

At the same time, I qualified for the double points promo for nights 1-5, but have not seen those applied yet. I think I read in the fine print that they would be applied a few weeks after the Stay 5 nights period ends.
Old May 5, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Do I redeem this at checkout or can I apply the gc to the reservation while making it? I have never really stayed at BW before until just the last time, so I wanted to learn more about the process of redemption. Thanks
Old May 9, 2021, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by hoangb
Do I redeem this at checkout or can I apply the gc to the reservation while making it? I have never really stayed at BW before until just the last time, so I wanted to learn more about the process of redemption. Thanks
At checkout - best to have it printed - they have to manually enter the long number, one by one.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hoangb
Originally Posted by rankourabu
At checkout - best to have it printed - they have to manually enter the long number, one by one.
Actually, you want to present it at check-in, not checkout, because it can them a long time to do it. Sometimes even the person at the front desk doesn't know how to do it and they have to wait for the next person (coming in later), which could be a problem if you waited until checkout.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:16 am

Do these Gift Cards work on advanced booking/pay at hotel reservation stays? I've got 4 of them now and would like to have a chance use them before they expire.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Solso
Do these Gift Cards work on advanced booking/pay at hotel reservation stays? I've got 4 of them now and would like to have a chance use them before they expire.
Yes, as long as you're paying at the hotel, present the gift card email at check-in and it should applied against your folio by the time you check out and they do the final billing.
Solso likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:31 pm

Am I missing something here? If I pre-pay the rates I get are about $20 less than the pay at hotel rate.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Saulinpa, most if not all pre-pay rates are non-refundable & non-changeable. The higher rates allow you to change without penalty/ loss of $ until a day or 2 before your scheduled arrival.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
For earning the current $20 GC per night promo, I'm wondering if OTA booking would work. I know the T&C says it won't, but wondering if anyone has DP either way.

In any case, using the $20 GC at a BW is perfectly compatible if the stay is booked from OTA, right?

Last edited by italdesign; Oct 15, 2021 at 10:10 am
Old Oct 17, 2021, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign
For earning the current $20 GC per night promo, I'm wondering if OTA booking would work. I know the T&C says it won't, but wondering if anyone has DP either way.

In any case, using the $20 GC at a BW is perfectly compatible if the stay is booked from OTA, right?
In an OTA booking, you presumably don't earn points, and thus you can't any promos either. You can only do either if your OTA stay is somehow linked to your BW account, and I don't know you'd do that, especially in the BW program where they tout that "every hotel is independently owned and independently operated".

And I'm also not sure about redeeming, because the BW GC you get through this promo (as opposed to physical ones you might buy somewhere) are tied to your BW account, but your BW account is not in the hotel system if you booked through an OTA.

I would never consider booking through an OTA at a hotel brand where I belong to the hotel program, so I have no datapoints. And if most people are like me in that regard, you might have a hard time finding datapoints.

I hope you carry around your BW membership card, since if it's possible to link an OTA stay to a BW account at some BW hotels, I can imagine that the BW membership card might be required by some of those hotels. But I would fear that not all BW hotel desk clerks are trained on how to link an OTA stay to a BW account, even if that's theoretically possible. (I know not all BW hotel desk clerks know how to process a GC, and for that reason sometimes a gift card that I submit when I check in at night is not processed until a morning desk clerk who knows how to process it comes in.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Oct 17, 2021 at 8:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.