Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends & Family Rate for everybody now??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2020, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Exclamation Friends & Family Rate for everybody now??

It may be a limited-time offer. When I went to bw.com , it turned on the "Promotional" button & entered the code "FAMILY2021" for me. It's offering me a Friends & Family rate even though I am not a friend of a BW employee, so I don't have the (normally- ? ) necessary form. I don't want to get in trouble for booking it falsely!
Old Dec 27, 2020, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just found my own answer. I got an email offering 25% off for the New Year. When I clicked on it, the Promotion rate field was filled in with "FAMILY2021," which yielded the F&F Rate. So it's OK to use.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
I got the same thing. Book it!
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Well - I booked the Friends and Family rate as a result of receiving several emails advertising 25% off for using said rate. After my stays I patiently waited for points for the stays to post to my account. When no points (other than 500 Thank You Points) showed up I called Best Western. I was informed that the Friends and Family rate is not a points earning rate. I was further informed that this information is visible on the web site but the agent I spoke to was never able to direct me to where this detail was hidden.

Because we care about rewarding you... They don't care that much if they didn't bother to reveal that this rate is non-point earning!!

Apparently, whoever decided to make this rate available for booking by all Best Western customers neglected to include language informing them that points would not be earned.

Bottom line: Best Western needs to issue clarification or they are going to have a lot of disappointed customers. With hotels struggling to fill rooms in the current environment this was short sighted.
sdsearch likes this.

Last edited by GoingGal; Jan 27, 2021 at 7:18 pm
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks, GoingGal! I wondered about this, because in most hotel companies, F&F Rates are "ineligible" to earn points. However, when I was logged out and checking rates, on the checkout page it urged me to join or log into BWR so I could earn 570 points!
I was considering a semi-mattress run to earn that bonus free night, but decided to hold off. So now I know to avoid the F&F Rate for that purpose. Thanks, GoingGal.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Brendan - a quick note of clarification. Best Western DID send me the free night certificate after I completed two stays booked at the Friends and Family rate. I asked about this when I talked to the folks at Best Western customer service and they indicated they were aware that, while the rate was not points earning they were still awarding the free stay certificates. I'd have really been very upset had I not received my certificates!
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Wow, GoingGal! I would have expected that the F&F rates were valid for both--or neither! Not for only one of the 2!
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, FB Plat
I booked this rate and points posted within days, as they would for a normal stay. However, it did not qualify for cashback earning. Still great deal!
Old Apr 8, 2021, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
It may be a limited-time offer. When I went to bw.com , it turned on the "Promotional" button & entered the code "FAMILY2021" for me. It's offering me a Friends & Family rate even though I am not a friend of a BW employee, so I don't have the (normally- ? ) necessary form. I don't want to get in trouble for booking it falsely!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.