Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

3k points per stay early July promo + what's the deal w/ elite-status bottled water?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3k points per stay early July promo + what's the deal w/ elite-status bottled water?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

Anyone get their 3k points from the early July promo (7/2-7/5) for booking a hotel and getting 3k points per promo? Im still waiting on mine (as usual).

Side note, does anyone ever get the complimentary bottled water that comes with elite status? I have never once been offered it during check-in...never once. Some hotels may have it in the room, but I think that is for all guests and not for elite status.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Before the pandemic I was staying every week in the College Park, MD Best Western. Except when there was someone new or inattentive at the desk, they always offered me a drink (anything I wanted) when I checked in.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone get their 3k points from the early July promo (7/2-7/5) for booking a hotel and getting 3k points per promo? Im still waiting on mine (as usual).
I finally got mine yesterday (Fri 24 Jul it showed up and Fri 24 Jul was the date it showed for the entry) for a one-night stay arriving Tue 7 Jul. So check again.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Now just waiting for the two $25 gift cards promised from two separately emailed promotions. Typically, those never arrive and you have to email BW customer service to ask for them.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 5:10 pm

Re: the bottle water

I checked in today as a Diamond Select (for what it is worth...) at a Best Western Plus and was told Best Western has cut the bottle water benefit due to COVID. I asked if it meant across all hotels, and the front desk staff said yes.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer

I checked in today as a Diamond Select (for what it is worth...) at a Best Western Plus and was told Best Western has cut the bottle water benefit due to COVID. I asked if it meant across all hotels, and the front desk staff said yes.
Ha! Of all the random excuses. We should start saying, we are only paying 99% of our bill going forward...due to COVID. The extra five cents these hotels save per bottle of water is hardly worth the irritant such an excuse is to customers. They should say, here are TWO bottles of water...thank you for staying with us when occupancy levels have dropped so low.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
Have not received any welcome bags or welcome bottles of water (Platinum member). That's okay to me, as I usually check in and then head out to explore the area I'm visiting.

I don't remember registering for the 3K bonus, but have received it about 3-5 business days after each of my 3 stays.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer

I was told the same thing on a stay last week in Newquay. Yet, when I went to my room, they are happy to sell you that same bottle of water. Makes no sense and they are making excuses during CV in my opinion. Whatever bottle they are going to bring up or have you collect, have it ready for members that should have it part of their benefits.
Old May 4, 2021, 9:20 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Without starting another thread and no one is talking about it, you can get 3000 per stay or 1000 per night.

The catch is you have to book between now and May 6th, read the source of the article, notice the 2 links posted to register first

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/05/03/...-book-by-may-6

I had 1 booking that's $25 less than what I would've booked now so those sales aren't saving you money if you locked in really good rates earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.