Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

BW Extending Statuses Through 2021 due to Coronavirus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Just got this email:

We want to thank you for being a valued Best Western Rewards® member. We know there are a lot of choices when it comes to hotel loyalty programs, and we’re grateful to have you a part of our Best Western family.

We recognize that you may not have been able to travel as much due to unforeseen restrictions. Recognizing this, and as an appreciation of your loyalty to our brand, we will be maintaining your
Diamond Select status through 2021. Please see the great benefits that you will continue to receive below.

There is no greater focus for us at this time than ensuring our commitment and loyalty to our customers. We hope to welcome you soon at the Best Western hotel, wherever your travels take you.

Sincerely,
Tammy Lucas
Vice President, Marketing, Best Western Rewards
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, but they've extended my Diamond Select status for the past couple years despite me not staying quite enough to re-earn even Diamond. And I'm far from the only one (if you've been following this forum for while, you'd have seen posts from other people with similar experience over the years). No scary disease needed.
kevflyer and hedoman like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, but they've extended my Diamond Select status for the past couple years despite me not staying quite enough to re-earn even Diamond. And I'm far from the only one (if you've been following this forum for while, you'd have seen posts from other people with similar experience over the years). No scary disease needed.
Ditto. Status matched 3 or 4 years ago because I was going to have a couple of stays in Europe. Since then have stayed at a BW about once per year.

So, now ... Diamond Select through January '22
Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:10 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
Originally Posted by TommyD2
Status matched 3 or 4 years ago because I was going to have a couple of stays in Europe. Since then have stayed at a BW about once per year.
I'd not even thought about this... I status matched three years ago, as I was attending an event held in a BW, and not stayed in one since. I just checked, and am still Diamond :-)
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
They may be extending our status, but I've just received an email response to my question about extending promotional gift cards earned in the 4th quarter 2019 promotion and it says they won't. Considering traveling is not really possible for most of us for the coming months, this is not the response I'd have expected.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Why not? It's Best Western.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Shareholder
They may be extending our status, but I've just received an email response to my question about extending promotional gift cards earned in the 4th quarter 2019 promotion and it says they won't. Considering traveling is not really possible for most of us for the coming months, this is not the response I'd have expected.
Same experience here. I’ll lose $60.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by hedoman
Why not? It's Best Western.
My customer service responses from BW have actually been very good and very prompt, and always resolved in my favour. Earlier this year they did extend my free night from the fall promotion so I could use it in January. When I discovered (after transferring the points) that it would take up to two weeks for points to show as AS miles, they reversed the transfer as I needed to top up my AS account quickly for a redemption. That's why I'm disappointed that they will not be extending the life of these special gift cards.

I also realize that BW properties are almost all privately owned by small local business people and thus every cancellation hurts them and their employees more than the big chains.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
How can I check when the status expires? The card and the website doesn't show anything. I'm BW Diamond.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
You have to call in and ask.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 11:19 pm

Is World hotel collection part of best Western? Is BW status recognize at world hotel collection group?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FQ415
Is World hotel collection part of best Western? Is BW status recognize at world hotel collection group?
I don't think it's a "part" of Best Western. I can't find any mention of WorldHotels on Best Western's website, and the only mention I find of Best Western on the WorldHotels site is as an earning partner:

https://www.worldhotels.com/content/...-partners.html

I presume it's therefore a limited partnership, sort of the way Preferred Hotels are a redeem-only partner for Choice Privileges.
FQ415 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't think it's a "part" of Best Western. I can't find any mention of WorldHotels on Best Western's website, and the only mention I find of Best Western on the WorldHotels site is as an earning partner:

https://www.worldhotels.com/content/...-partners.html

I presume it's therefore a limited partnership, sort of the way Preferred Hotels are a redeem-only partner for Choice Privileges.
Thanks for the info. Always thought World Hotels as part of BW as I can login to world hotel website with my BW membership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.