Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever seen a hotel sell Best Western gift cards?

Old Nov 3, 19, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold

I'd really like to buy them in person at a hotel to take advantage of a credit card offer I have.
Old Nov 3, 19, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Caesars diamond, rock royalty
Does the amex deal not work with online GCs?
Old Nov 9, 19, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jon Dueltgen View Post
Does the amex deal not work with online GCs?
I suspect that likely to fail and for it to be more easily flagged down by card-issuers as not being eligible for a BW hotel stay charge credit.
Old Nov 13, 19, 1:22 pm

Programs: HHDiamond
Come to think of it, I've never seen them for sale out in the open. Is there a BW near you to check in person?
Old Nov 13, 19, 2:39 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I have never seen any advertising or indication that they are sold at the hotels themselves. In fact, I would say it's even 50/50 that the clerk even knows how to redeem one much less sell one. Often when I check in and use one as payment, the clerk has to wait until the manager or a more knowledgeable employee can assist them in applying it. Often, it still hasn't been applied the next morning and I have to deal with the day clerk it get it applied. I've even had two occasions where I ended up getting the room for free because the hotel could never figure out how to apply it. So it might be possible that they sell them, but my guess is that it's not likely.

Search this Thread