Wiki Posts
Search

unable to view account!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs down unable to view account!!!

OK,so I ran into this on the weekend, and figured it'd be fixed today at least. But I just tried it again right now, and no, it's still broken.

I log in the to the Best Western site OK, but then when I select anything (My Account, My Reservations, My Activity, etc) from the My Account dropdown, it just takes me to a Member Dashboard page with no info on it and asks me to log in again, and again, and again, and again, never showing me any of my info.

I'm outside the US at the moment so it would cost me $ to call them and see what's up. Otherwise I would have already called them.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Everything is working for me. Maybe try clearing your cache.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hm, that's' strange, while clearing cookies did fix it today, it was almost fixed (just one of those many My Account dropdown pages not displaying correctly) earlier today, but then just now had gone back to not working at all (the same way it had not worked over the weekend). When other sties have acted up for me due to "bad" cookies, they've never gone back to working temporarily on their own without me clearing the cookies.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:17 am

You can also try a different browser and see if the problem still happens. Plus, check to see if you downloaded any new extensions/plug-ins (or if existing ones were upgraded).

As someone who programs websites, I'd caution anyone reading this before they blame Best Western. While it certainly could be true that their programmers did something stupid, it's also possible that the problem is one created by a third-party browser extension or plug-in. I once spent hours trying to find a programming problem to reportedly blocked a client from using my website. The culprit was a poorly-written plug-in that ultimately got removed from publisher because it broke other companies' websites.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by sdsearch
OK,so I ran into this on the weekend, and figured it'd be fixed today at least. But I just tried it again right now, and no, it's still broken.

I log in the to the Best Western site OK, but then when I select anything (My Account, My Reservations, My Activity, etc) from the My Account dropdown, it just takes me to a Member Dashboard page with no info on it and asks me to log in again, and again, and again, and again, never showing me any of my info.

I'm outside the US at the moment so it would cost me $ to call them and see what's up. Otherwise I would have already called them.
I ran into similar problems a few days ago (possibly the same day/time as you). I was at home (not outside the U.S.), using my normal browser (Microsoft Edge). I contemplated contacting BW, but instead, I just let it go for the time being, as I wasn't planning to make any reservations. A few hours later, things were back to normal.

So it isn't/wasn't just you. (And I tried logging into BW just now -- no problems.)
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:10 am

Same trouble happened to me June 10-11, now fixed. No you were'nt alone.
sdsearch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.