Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

REWRUSH219 - BWR members get a $20 TC after the first stay between 5/20 and 9/2/19

REWRUSH219 - BWR members get a $20 TC after the first stay between 5/20 and 9/2/19

Old May 17, 19, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs down REWRUSH219 - BWR members get a $20 TC after the first stay between 5/20 and 9/2/19

Gosh, what an awful promo. One $20 Travel Card (expiring after 120 days) for one stay for the whole summer! These pale "rush" promos have me rushing toward other hotel programs after that one stay each promo period; is that really what they want?

The details on the general version (the AAA version seems no better), with the usual error by one day about the end date of the offer in the "Availability" section::

Availability:
20-May-2019 - 03-Sep-2019
Promo Code:
REWRUSH219

Best Western Rewards members† (“Member(s)”) who (a) register for the Promotion (either on bestwestern.com/rewardsrush2 or as otherwise permitted (e.g., at the front desk of any Best Western® branded hotel)), (b) complete one (1) eligible stay* between May 20, 2019 and September 2, 2019 (“Promotion Period”) at any Best Western branded hotel worldwide***, and (c) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the Promotion, will earn one (1) promotional $20** Best Western Travel Card® (“Gift Card”). There is a limit of one (1) $20 Gift Card per Member during the Promotion Period. The Gift Card will be emailed as a virtual gift card to the Member’s email account registered in the profile. The Gift Card cannot be used to pay for the first eligible stay, during which the Member qualified to receive the Gift Card pursuant to this Promotion. Promotion registration and Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership required prior to the first eligible stay applied to the Promotion. Eligible stays completed prior to Promotion registration and Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership will not count towards satisfying the Promotion requirements. Best Western Rewards enrollment may be completed by visiting bestwesternrewards.com. The Gift Card will expire 120 days after the date of issuance. The expiration date will be stated on the Gift Card. *An “eligible stay” for the purpose of this Promotion is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western branded hotel (***excluding Great Britain locations), at a rate eligible for earning points or airline/partner rewards, with the exception of a stay booked through an online travel agency, a stay booked through a tour operator, or a stay booked at a special discounted rate (see Best Western Rewards program rules for further information on eligibility criteria). Multiple check-in/check-out at the same property with less than 24 hours between check-out and check-in will only count as one eligible stay. Eligible stays which take place during the Promotion Period must be completed on or before September 2, 2019 to be counted towards the Promotion. Eligible stays which take place during the Promotion Period, but which have a check-in date that overlaps the beginning of the Promotion Period, will be counted towards the Promotion.
Old May 20, 19, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Yeah, fairly crummy: "There is a limit of one (1) $20 Gift Card per Member during the Promotion Period"
What is bizarre is that they have sent me 2 e-mails about this promotion, and on both the message is "Earn up to fifteen $20 gift cards this summer", which directly contradicts the Terms and Conditions.
Old May 21, 19, 11:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
I agree 100% this promo stinks.
Old May 26, 19, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
Yeah, fairly crummy: "There is a limit of one (1) $20 Gift Card per Member during the Promotion Period"
What is bizarre is that they have sent me 2 e-mails about this promotion, and on both the message is "Earn up to fifteen $20 gift cards this summer", which directly contradicts the Terms and Conditions.
That appears to be a targeted variation.

I got such targeted emails too, but In my case, they said "As an AAA Preferrred BWR member", i get up to five (not just one, but not fifteen either) $20 gift cards this summer.

If I log in, I see an AAA offer that doesn't mention "Preferred" (I don't even know what that "Preferred" means), and it still says one (not five) $20 gift card (singular) there.
Old May 30, 19, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
To everyone who received an email that mentioned an offer of anything more than one $20 gift card, you should go ahead and register for the promo via the link in the email you received. Apparently they have a max of 10 gift cards for diamond level members and a max of 15 for diamond select members. The BWRewards folks say their system will be updated once you register for the emailed offer but that what you see under the Offers in the BW web site will not update. If you don't register via the emailed offer you will only receive the single $20 gift card (if you registered for it that is).

agoinggal
Old Jun 8, 19, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I received a postcard with a "Disney Pixar Toy Story 4" branded version of this promo which appears, at first glance anyhow, to be identical to the basic version -- i.e., same dates, terms, and a limit of just one $20 bonus rather than multiple ones. Sign up (or at least look at the FAQ & T&C) at www.bestwestern.com/disney .
Old Jun 10, 19, 7:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
I received a postcard with a "Disney Pixar Toy Story 4" branded version of this promo which appears, at first glance anyhow, to be identical to the basic version -- i.e., same dates, terms, and a limit of just one $20 bonus rather than multiple ones. Sign up (or at least look at the FAQ & T&C) at www.bestwestern.com/disney .
I also received this post card.
Old Jun 11, 19, 4:07 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Sing it to the tune of "Big John":
Big whoop! Big whoop! Big fat whoop!

Search this Thread