Wiki Posts
Search

Good rates through Expedia for TD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Good rates through Expedia for TD

Heads-up for Canadians:
For years, I used to book BW with the discount code "FB100" - but recently it does not provide for discounts any more. At the same time, I have discovered that Expedia for TD now often (not always) has significantly lower rates than the BW website, and even better than the Coprorate Codes you can find on the internet and elseplace on Flyertalk. (Expedia for TD is not eligible for BW's low rate guarantee, because the website is accessible only to customers of the Canadian bank TD holding one of a range of credit cards.)

Recent examples include a BW property in Chicago and the BW Plus Grosvenor at SFO Airport. For my stay at the Grosvenor next month (all figures before taxes), the BW website offers a flex rate is USD 120 and a BW Rewards rate if USD 108. With some Corporate Codes (I am not eligible for) I could get it down to USD 98. On Expedia for TD it costs the equivalent of USD 88 and I can cancel even on the day of arrival without penalty. I will miss out on BW points, but will have saved more than USD 20 compared to the BW Rewards rate.
yscleo, akr1970akr and asovse1 like this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:30 pm

Booking.com also offers much better rate than BW website for BW hotels in Tokyo.
The question is: will I get a room upgrade if I book via booking.com?
I recently status matched to Diamond Select but not yet stayed in BW before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.