Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

REWRUSH119 - free night (good for 60 days) after 2 stays between 2/4/19 and 4/14/19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

REWRUSH119 - free night (good for 60 days) after 2 stays between 2/4/19 and 4/14/19

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Data point: Just received my certificate five days after check out of second stay.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Data point: Just received my certificate five days after check out of second stay.
I have one question for better understanding:

You stayed two times at hotel A, not one night hotel A, one night hotel B, didn't you?
Somehow I seem to have messed up with the terms and conditions before.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by daniel0711
I have one question for better understanding:

You stayed two times at hotel A, not one night hotel A, one night hotel B, didn't you?
Somehow I seem to have messed up with the terms and conditions before.
Either would work. Except check out/in same day at same hotel.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
I completed two stays in separate BW's on March 5 and March 11. No certificate yet.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
I completed two stays in separate BW's on March 5 and March 11. No certificate yet.
It could be that BW is issuing the certificates on a certain schedule, rather than a fixed time after the second stay. For example, the person who mentioned above that they'd just received their certificate after 5 days, maybe they actually received their certificates then because their second stay happened to be 5 days before the first scheduled "sweep" of certificate mailings.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:46 am

Anyone got their free night recently? I completed my second stay on Mar 20 and nothing yet.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:36 am

I'm a Diamond member and had my 2nd stay on March 14th. Haven't received anything until yesterday.
Since I already made a reservation for April 2nd I called their hotline asking if my voucher would be arriving in time.
They sent me the voucher manually afterwards cause apparently it still hasn't been issued by the system.
Vyvd likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Keep in mind that if you don't have a close-to-immediate need for it, there may be a benefit to it arriving later: It expires 60 days after fulfillment, so the later you get it, the later it expires.

I had originally considered making my second stay a couple weeks later than I actually did, just to try to get the 60 days to start later, but I guess that wasn't necessary.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Vyvd
Anyone got their free night recently? I completed my second stay on Mar 20 and nothing yet.
I checked out March 21, received the voucher April 1st. Hadn't properly read t+c's so I was a bit disappointed to realize it was only North America vs worldwide, oh well.

Reads as issued March 25, valid through June 3rd.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
I checked out March 21, received the voucher April 1st. Hadn't properly read t+c's so I was a bit disappointed to realize it was only North America vs worldwide, oh well.

Reads as issued March 25, valid through June 3rd.
Same exact case (including all the dates!) with me.

So it's valid for slightly longer than 60 days by my count, but not by much.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
Still waiting on mine. Hopefully it won't be much longer.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:40 am

Voucher just arrived today. Expires 6/10.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Are there capacity controls on the free night certificates?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdawg
Are there capacity controls on the free night certificates?
My best guess is that they would parallel points availability. Ie, if the hotel has rooms available with points, then those same rooms are probably available with the free night certificate. If the hotel has no rooms available for points (or the specific rooms which you want are not available with points), then those same hotels/rooms are probably not available with the free night certificate either.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
My best guess is that they would parallel points availability. Ie, if the hotel has rooms available with points, then those same rooms are probably available with the free night certificate. If the hotel has no rooms available for points (or the specific rooms which you want are not available with points), then those same hotels/rooms are probably not available with the free night certificate either.
That's correct. When you make the reservation it shows as a reservation booked using points, and you have to present the voucher at the hotel when you check in. I just used my voucher at the BW Plus Inner Harbour for a night that would have cost $220. Not bad considering the two stays I made cost less than that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.