Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

REWRUSH119 - free night (good for 60 days) after 2 stays between 2/4/19 and 4/14/19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

REWRUSH119 - free night (good for 60 days) after 2 stays between 2/4/19 and 4/14/19

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

T&Cs:

Best Western Rewards members† (“Member(s)”) who (a) register for the Promotion (either on www.bestwestern.com/rewardsrush1 or as otherwise permitted (e.g., at the front desk of any Best Western® branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands)), (b) complete two (2) eligible stays* between February 4, 2019 and April 14, 2019 (“Promotion Period”) at a Best Western branded hotel†, and (c) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the Promotion, will earn a free night voucher redeemable at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands. There is a limit of one (1) free night voucher a Member can earn during the Promotion Period. Promotion registration and Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership required prior to the first eligible stay applied to the Promotion. Eligible stays completed prior to Promotion registration and Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership will not count towards satisfying the Promotion requirements. Best Western Rewards enrollment may be completed by visiting www.bestwesternrewards.com. The free night voucher will expire 60 days after fulfillment. Expiration date will be stated on the free night voucher. No extensions, substitutions, or replacements available. Promotion is non-transferable. Promotion is not valid with any other offer, promotion, or discount. Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice. The free night voucher will be sent electronically to the Member’s email address (regardless of whether the Member has opted out of Best Western communications). Please allow approximately 2-3 weeks from completion of the eligible stay to receive the free night voucher. Free night vouchers will not be sent via mail or any other means other than to the Member’s email address as registered in the Member’s account profile. All Best Western Rewards program rules apply. Visit www.bestwesternrewards.com for complete program terms and conditions. Free night voucher redemption subject to hotel availability. Free night voucher redemption reservation must be completed by calling 1-800-567-4009. †Best Western Rewards members, who reside in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands, can stay at any Best Western branded hotel worldwide. Best Western Rewards members, who reside outside of the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands, must complete their stay(s) at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean Islands. *An “eligible stay” for the purpose of this Promotion is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western branded hotel, at a rate eligible for earning points or airline/partner rewards, with the exception of a stay booked through an online travel agency, a stay booked through a tour operator, or a stay booked at a special discounted rate (see Best Western Rewards program rules for further information on eligibility criteria). Multiple check-in/check-out at the same property with less than 24 hours between check-out and check-in will only count as one eligible stay. Eligible stays which take place during the Promotion Period must be completed on or before April 14, 2019 to be counted towards the Promotion. Eligible stays which take place during the Promotion Period, but which have a check-in date that overlaps the beginning of the Promotion Period, will be counted towards the Promotion.

I see this when logged into my BW account when I select Special Offers from the menu.

I see a AAA version also, but it doesn't seem any different.

I can't remember a previous free night promo where the free night cert was only good for 60 days!

And that's 60 days from when you get the free night awarded email, but that can be 2 to 3 weeks from the time the second stay posts. So you can't exactly predict even a 60 day window when it'll be valid.

And it's capped at one free night for the whole promo, so you get nothing more if you do more than 2 separate one-night stays from this promo.

Note: As is usual for these promos, the registration link does not yet work as of the time I'm posting this. You should be able to register, however, by going to Special Offers while logged in and clicking the checkbox next to the word REGISTER. OTOH, if you're not going to do the first stay soon, you may want to wait to see if there's any better variation available before you register. (At least once in the past BW announced a better variation about a week or so after the first variation was announced.)
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 29, 2019 at 5:54 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Although its capped at one i see it as a possible 36K value depending of where you use it. I may hold up on registering till near the end of the promo so I can at least get the voucher to be valid through out the summer months. Mostly May and June is when ill be able to take advantage of the free night.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Hmm...is this targeted? I don't see anything under my "Offers" tab for this promotion. It would be great for me since I already have two reservations during this time period.

I lied...found it...it wasn't under the Offers tab, but Special Offers when you go into your account information. Got it!
sdsearch likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
These types of promotions are to boost occupancy rates during winter months, Wyndham did the same last year. So any BW hotel in US and Canada including some of the higher tier brands as far as redemption is concerned? Luckily for those of us living in Midwest, there are cheap properties near Toronto, Ohio, and Chicago with low rates (ie. $58 CAD all included BW Fallsview, Niagara Falls) you could almost do a mattress run.

I see 3 different versions of this offer - REWRUSH119, AAARUSH119, and RPRUSH119. So you have to pick 1 and stick with it I presume. I'm taking 1 night off a long weekend stay next weekend to take advantage of this offer.

p.s. BTW, does anyone know if I register under AAARUSH119, would paid and nonrefundable booking count as eligible stay? (as opposed to only AAA rates).
Based on the verbiage, looks as if you want to use the free night during Memorial weekend, you don't want to fulfill the second stay early, instead, do it in early April to ensure it will cover through end of May.

Last edited by vincewy; Feb 3, 2019 at 6:17 pm
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:24 pm

I honestly don't think it matters as long as it's a qualified stay which means as long as it's booked on Bw.com and not some other 3rd party site.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM
The emphasis on 'Best Western® branded hotel' makes me wonder about SureStay Plus aka SureStay Plus by Best Western, which are by far the cheapest hotels in markets I am looking at. Any idea if they are excluded? I have emailed the BW contact listed on the promotion page.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RapidTravelChai
The emphasis on 'Best Western® branded hotel' makes me wonder about SureStay Plus aka SureStay Plus by Best Western, which are by far the cheapest hotels in markets I am looking at.
You may want to look into why they're the cheapest They tend to be conversions from "junk tier" hotels in other brands (for example, Knights Inn in WymdhamRewards), and they may not have finished the conversions to BW standards yet. The one I looked at when I read the "fine print", it explained that they have no breakfast at all until they finish their remodeling, not even the pitiful breakfast they may have had in their previous life.

Of course, if they are included, for some people they may open up the idea of a "check in then leave" kind of "stay" (ie, a stay purely to earn the free night, not to use the paid night along the way).
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
You may want to look into why they're the cheapest They tend to be conversions from "junk tier" hotels in other brands (for example, Knights Inn in WymdhamRewards), and they may not have finished the conversions to BW standards yet. The one I looked at when I read the "fine print", it explained that they have no breakfast at all until they finish their remodeling, not even the pitiful breakfast they may have had in their previous life.

Of course, if they are included, for some people they may open up the idea of a "check in then leave" kind of "stay" (ie, a stay purely to earn the free night, not to use the paid night along the way).
When I am traveling alone I usually pick dumps. I have some US road trips upcoming with small town stays that this could make sense. On one I'll need to be in Orange County for the night and they have a Buena Park location that is $36 on my dates.

I called in today after not hearing back from email. I am a Diamond from that spin-a-wheel game a few years back so maybe I got their elite agents, haha. FWIW he said that any hotel on bestwestern.com including any SureStays are eligible for this promotion.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Valid for only 60 measly days?!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:20 am

I was able to call rewards and book a voucher night for EDC week in vegas even though i dont have the voucher yet. Ill be going to LA 2 times in april so getting the voucher will be no problem.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Would the free night voucher can be used at any BW? Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
Would the free night voucher can be used at any BW? Thanks!
If its like the ones from past years then yes, you may use it at any hotel given that they have redemption rooms available.
karenkimib likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Is the certificate given on top of normal points earned or instead of (like the choice 2-night deal seems to be)? I can't find any info in T&C or FAQ.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Is the certificate given on top of normal points earned or instead of (like the choice 2-night deal seems to be)? I can't find any info in T&C or FAQ.
It always has been in addition to points, as every certificate at every hotel program has been. Choice does not give certificates, it gives points, and the two kinds of promotions cannot be compared in how they work. Choice gives you a minimum of 5000, but makes sure you earn a minimum of 8000 total. How in the world could any hotel program do such math with anything other than points? So why worry about it with a free night certificate?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
OK thanks. I just wanted to make sure. Sounds like this might be worth shifting some stays around for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.