GLo by Best Western - new brand

Old Jan 11, 19, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

GLo by Best Western - new brand

Looks like Best Western has a new brand. Iíve driven past the Lexington location (an old Knights Inn that they knocked down) several times and, well, itís certainly bright! From the pictures, looks like a cross between an Aloft and a Holiday Inn Express. First 2 locations are open in Dallas and Ottawa. Lexington (KY), Nashville and Asheville opening soon.

From the web site:
GLō is the latest addition to Best Western Hotels & Resorts growing family of brands, perfect for savvy travelers who expect the best in value, design, and comfort. This energetic concept breaks the cookie-cutter hotel mold.
The new boutique hotel features sleek and modern finishes accented with bold pops of color that will delight both business and leisure travelers alike.

A spectacular lobby will greet all guests as they arrive, providing room to relax and mingle with family and friends. Each hotel may feature a state-of-the-art fitness center and a dynamic breakfast area is a hub for morning activity as guestsí fuel up for their day.

GLō hotels balance value; design and comfort ensuring guests have the best of each, creating a memorable travel experience.

Amenities and Features Available at Most GLō Hotels*:
  • Complimentary breakfast
  • In-room work desk with signature Herman Miller desk chair
  • In-room coffee and tea maker
  • Gel-topped signature mattress
  • Stylish bath amenities
  • Complimentary high-speed internet
  • Fitness center
  • Business area
  • Wireless, secured printing in the public area
  • On-site guest laundry and/or same-day dry cleaning service
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a very stupid name choice IMHO. There's an unrelated GLO hotels brand in Europe already.

Anyway, it was already known a few months ago that this brand was coming, all that's new now is the opening announcement.

BW Announces 2 new brands.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 13, 19 at 8:28 pm
Old Jan 14, 19, 11:19 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
GLo. What a name. GetLow? GoLow? You name it, it will be lowlow by any measures I suspect anyjow
Old Jan 15, 19, 3:20 am

"This energetic concept breaks the cookie-cutter hotel mold."

I find this claim to be unintentionally hilarious. This brand (like every new brand by any hotel group) will undoubtedly provide developers with a couple different configurations that can work in any flat site. They even provide the actual plans on their development website:

https://www.bestwesterndevelopers.co...-prototype.php

It's not breaking the cookie-cutter...it's simply creating a different cookie-cutter.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 19, 12:36 am

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Originally Posted by writerguyfl View Post
"This energetic concept breaks the cookie-cutter hotel mold."
I could be mistaken here but doesn't breaking mold force it to be dispersed in the air exacerbating already chronic lung conditions? I don't know though, the PR doesn't sound that innovative perhaps:

"These hotels represent a paradigm-shift in the way millennials travel going beyond the sharing economy to incorporate app-on-demand features needed to keep guests connected, energized and relaxed! Our cloud based reservation system goes beyond static websites to offer a compelling app experience!"

Search this Thread