LA area properties

Old Sep 11, 18, 11:48 am
Original Poster

LA area properties

Have oodles of BW points for one week stay in February. Having said that hoping to stay 28,000 points or less per night. So far leaning towards the Markland hotel near LAX since it is 20K points and seems "fine". Only thing I really need is that it has free parking. As far as activities for us

-planning to see LA/Genesis Open one day at Riviera
-Ducks or Kings game (probably Kings but flexible)
-Universal Studios
-Pacific Coast Highway including Getty Villa
-Hollywood
-Downtown LA
-Koreatown

So taking those into consideration, any recommendations?
Old Sep 11, 18, 9:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
I dont think the Markland hotel is that close to LAX. its located on east LA. I can only comment on 3 that ive stayed.

Royal Palace: Large room with suites that have a small living room and pull out couch and some have balconies. Super tiny bathrooms. They have a small parking lot with $20 charge. They have an excellent breakfast though and the neighborhood looked safe. Theres a smart and final with in walking distance and some fast food joints within a 10 minute walk. Close to LAX only about 15 minutes away and also close to Santa Monica beach. Ubering about 13 bucks i think, which is good because finding parking is horrible.

The dragon Gate: Large clean rooms right on chinatown and close to downtown. A bit far from Hollywood and the beach. The area looked a little sketchy. Did not try breakfast. Parking is $15

Sure stay Saharan Inn: Right on Hollywood with in walking distance of several attractions. I was actually surprised with the motel itself, in a good way. The rooms were recently re done and everything looks new and modern. The quality of linens was better than other hotels. They have wood floors so no dirty carpets or socks. Rooms and bathroom was decent size with fridge and microwave. Close to a Ralphs groceries. parking is small but free. Has a breakfast but its very minimal. about 30 minutes from the beach driving because of traffic. I just didnt like that the TVs didnt have enough power to power my Fire stick and theres no outlets near it or anywhere on the desk, they are tucked behind the unmovable desk.
Old Sep 14, 18, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
The Markland isn't near LAX, it's in Monterey Park, in the Western San Gabriel Valley, not too far from DTLA. Large Asian population, good place for Asian restaurants.

Search this Thread