Best Western booking site broken

Old Aug 8, 18, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Best Western booking site broken

Today when I try to book a room, while logged in, after I select a special rate such as AAA or AARP / Senior, I get the same goofy page which says:

Best Western Rewards®

Current Members

Not Yet a Best Western Rewards Member?

Earn {0} points for this stay to use towards a free night, airline rewards, gift cards, and more!

Yes, sign me up for the Best Western Rewards program as part of my reservation so I can start earning rewards today.
No thanks. I will book without joining, or logging into my account.

You've requested a Best Western Rewards Member Rate

Yes, sign me up for the Best Western Rewards program as part of my reservation so I can start earning rewards today.
I'm a Travel Agent

And that Log In link doesn't do anything, and it still shows in the upper right that I am logged in.
Old Aug 8, 18, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So I called BW on the phone, and asked them if they knew their site was broken, and they said they're in the process of making changes to it and that it should be done "by next week" . I had to make my reservation over the phone, but then I was able to view it online, as well as cancel another reservation I had previously made for the same night. So as far as i can see, it's only the online booking aspect that appears broken at this moment.
Old Aug 10, 18, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It appears to be fixed today. (I did try it again yesterday and it was still broken then.) I was able to do a successful AAA rate booking this afternoon using the website, with everything as I'm used to it (except that it forgot my address, which it always used to auto-fill, and so I had to re-enter it).
Old Aug 10, 18, 8:41 pm

Interesting. I tried around 5:00pm Central time today and was getting the same result as you when trying to book a Reward Night (I tried on Chrome, IE, and the BW app). So I called in and booked via phone. Reservation shows up as expected in my online account.
Old Aug 15, 18, 1:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
I have a reservation in September that I need to change and rebook. I hope the website is up and running soon and would rather do it online than on the phone.
Old Aug 19, 18, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Staley Cornell View Post
I have a reservation in September that I need to change and rebook. I hope the website is up and running soon and would rather do it online than on the phone.
A points reservation or a paid reservation?

I just cancelled and rebooked a paid AAA rate reservation yesterday with no problem.

There is no "change reservation" button, there's only a "cancel reservation" button on the BW website. So if you want to change, not cancel, I think you've always had to call, nothing to do with the recent website outage.

I haven't done points reservations since the January promo, so I don't know if there are any issues left with those or not.
Old Aug 19, 18, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
You can always call the hotel directly if you just need to modify it.
Old Aug 21, 18, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jm1991 View Post
You can always call the hotel directly if you just need to modify it.
Unless it's a points reservation, then you might need to call Best Western "central".
Old Sep 13, 18, 9:11 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I am finding dozens, and probably hundreds of Best Western hotels that show no reward availability for any date over the next year for booking through their website. This is quite visible for countries across Europe, including most London and Paris hotels. Also hotels in many other cities around Europe I have checked show no availability for any date. I noticed this several days ago and the problem looks significant for its exclusion of hotel reward availability.

Search this Thread