Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

No more 250 best western points for survey after a stay?

Old Aug 7, 18, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold

Did Best Western ended the 250 BW points for a short survey after your stay?
It looks like they no longer award the points and the line where you enter your BW number is gone.
Does anyone have more info?

This is the link to the survey:
www.bwfeedback.com
Old Aug 7, 18, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by winkny View Post
It looks like they no longer award the points and the line where you enter your BW number is gone.

www.bwfeedback.com
I have only ever filled out the survey by responding to an email specifically for a particular stay at a particular property. And my 250 bonus points have always posted, generally within a few days. In fact, I just filled out surveys for three recent stays a few days ago, and the points have already posted.

Did you not receive an email inviting you to fill out a survey for each stay?
Old Aug 7, 18, 12:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
I just completed a survey about a stay I had in July and at the end of the survey, it thanked me and said that I would be awarded 250 points. The survey was from an email invite.
Old Aug 8, 18, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by winkny View Post

www.bwfeedback.com
Years ago you had to go that site to fill out surveys, and back then they used to give 250 points (once a month max) for doing that.

But in recent times they send you surveys by email (not necessarily for every stay, especially if you stay repeatedly at the same properties), and those that you receive and fill out you earn 250 points for.

So I presume they only ended the 250 points for unsolicited surveys.
Old Aug 19, 18, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
i did 2 this month and received points for both of therm
Old Aug 29, 18, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Gold - Hertz PC - BW Diamond - IHG Plat
I just caught up on 4 of the Surveys from the past weeks trip. All stated 250 points to be credited as a thanks. Too bad I let some from stays earlier in the month "Expire" Thanks for asking the question. new to BW and had ignored the survey requests until today.
Old Aug 31, 18, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt View Post
I just caught up on 4 of the Surveys from the past weeks trip. All stated 250 points to be credited as a thanks. Too bad I let some from stays earlier in the month "Expire" Thanks for asking the question. new to BW and had ignored the survey requests until today.
What do you mean by
I let some from stays earlier in the month "Expire"
? If they were that recent, you should still be able to fill them out and get points.
Old Sep 10, 18, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Plat, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
First BW stay for me in probably a year this weekend, and I just received an email with a request for a survey. The email didn't mention any bonus points, but at the end of the survey the page said:

"As a special thank you gift, 250 bonus Best Western Rewards® points will be added to your account."
Old Sep 10, 18, 10:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Gold - Hertz PC - BW Diamond - IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
What do you mean by ? If they were that recent, you should still be able to fill them out and get points.
the surveys apparently are only active for a few weeks and some of my recent stays were just beyond that.
Old Sep 15, 18, 5:58 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, United Club ex-Lifetime Member
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
First BW stay for me in probably a year this weekend, and I just received an email with a request for a survey. The email didn't mention any bonus points, but at the end of the survey the page said:

"As a special thank you gift, 250 bonus Best Western Rewards® points will be added to your account."
Same experience here. I just filled out the survey for a September 2 stay.
Old Oct 30, 18, 3:59 am

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
250 posted few days after submitting the survey.
Old Nov 1, 18, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
If they send you an invite for a survey you will get the points.
In the past, you can get these 250 pts after every stay without invite.
Just go to the site fill the survey and you get the points after a few days.
In some hotels they still have a advertisement about the survey and the 250 pts for it.
I saw it on the desk in my room on one of my recent stay, but apparently this offer is no longer valid uuless you get the invite.
I guess you can fill a complaint with customer services and they will give you the points if you have no invite.
Old Mar 29, 19, 10:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
I just completed two stays near the beginning of March. Just a few minutes ago, I completed both surveys. At the end of both surveys I got a thank you screen advising that I will receive 250 points for filling out the survey. The email I got didn't mention the 250 points in it, but clearly they are still being credited.
Old Mar 29, 19, 11:34 am

Had 2 stays (early-mid March) in Europe and the 250 survey bonus points posted ~ 1 week afterwards.

Search this Thread