How to unjoin BW Rewards

Old Feb 7, 18, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Hilton Gold
How to unjoin BW Rewards

I stayed at a BW for the first time in maybe a decade. Nothing against the brand, it just works out that other properties fit better for me on any given trip.

Somehow this stay triggered joining BW Rewards. And that has somehow triggered email from them every single day. Sometimes twice - the same message, a few minutes apart. Unsubscribing has done nothing, although it's not yet been the full 7 days. (It's been maybe 5)

What's the best way to undo all this?
Old Feb 7, 18, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have to call BW Rewards on the phone (voice), 800-444-7646. On the phone, give them your member number, and ask them to deactivate the membership.

That may still not stop all emails. Any emails triggered directly by your stay (not having to do with membership) will happen until they stop asking your what you thought of your stay, etc (which can take a couple weeks).

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 7, 18 at 4:10 pm
Old Feb 7, 18, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - I started down the phone maze, and the winning number was 800-237-8423. No pushback at all.
Old Feb 7, 18, 5:07 pm

Meanwhile how about using an e-mail filter? Filtering out all e-mails from BW?
Old Feb 8, 18, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pirossalma View Post
Meanwhile how about using an e-mail filter? Filtering out all e-mails from BW?
A. Why should I even have to do this?

B. I don't want all email blocked. Just marketing email. If I stay at another BW down the road, I want to be able to communicate with the property.

I know what I want, and thanks to sdsearch, now I have it. I don't want what you are suggesting.

Search this Thread