Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

SPRING18: $10 travel card (120 days life) per stay (again!), 12 Feb - 29 Apr. 2018

SPRING18: $10 travel card (120 days life) per stay (again!), 12 Feb - 29 Apr. 2018

Old Feb 5, 18, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SPRING18: $10 travel card (120 days life) per stay (again!), 12 Feb - 29 Apr 2018

Yawn, yawn, yawn. Same promo as winter, same promo as last year spring, just different dates.

www.bestwestern.com/spring

is the official website, but as of this moment it's not yet up.

Here's the T&Cs from my Special Offers page. You should see this (and perhaps AAA/CAA/Road/etc variations) if you log in and go to Special Offers from your drop-down menu. As far I can tell, there is no difference in what you earn in any other AAA/CAA/Road/etc variations.

Availability: 12-Feb-2018 - 30-Apr-2018
Promo Code: SPRING18

Best Western Rewards members† (“Member(s)”) who (a) register for the Promotion (either on www.bestwestern.com/spring or as otherwise permitted (e.g., at the front desk of any Best Western® branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands)), (b) complete one (1) eligible stay* between February 12, 2018 and April 29, 2018 (“Promotion Period”) at a Best Western branded hotel, and (c) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the Promotion will earn a promotional USD $10 Best Western Travel Card® (“Gift Card”). There is no limit to the number of Gift Cards each Member can earn during the Promotion Period. Promotion registration and Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership required prior to the first eligible stay applied to the Promotion. Eligible stays completed prior to Promotion registration and Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership will not count towards satisfying the Promotion requirements. Best Western Rewards enrollment may be completed by visiting www.bestwesternrewards.com. Gift Card(s) expire 120 days after fulfillment. Expiration date(s) will be stated on Gift Card(s). No extensions, substitutions, or replacements available. Promotion is not valid with any other offer, promotion, or discount. Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice. The Gift Card will be sent electronically to the Member’s email address (regardless of whether the Member has opted out of Best Western communications). Please allow approximately2-3 weeks from completion of the eligible stay to receive the Gift Card(s). Gift Cards will not be sent via mail or any other means other than to the Member’s email address as registered in the Member’s account profile. All Best Western Rewards program rules apply. Visit www.bestwesternrewards.com for complete program terms and conditions. All Best Western Travel Card rules apply. Visit www.bestwestern.com for complete Best Western Travel Card terms and conditions. †Best Western Rewards members, who reside in North America, can stay at any Best Western branded hotel worldwide. Best Western Rewards members, who reside outside of North America, must complete their stay(s) at any Best Western branded hotel in North America. *An “eligible stay” for the purpose of this Promotion is defined as any stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western branded hotel, with the exception of a stay booked through an online travel agency, a stay booked through a tour operator, or a stay booked at a special discounted rate (see Best Western Rewards program rules for further information on eligibility criteria). Multiple check-in/check-out at the same property with less than 24 hours between check-out and check-in will count as one eligible stay. Eligible stays which take place during the Promotion Period must be completed on or before April 29, 2018 to be counted towards the Promotion. Eligible stays which take place during the Promotion Period, but which have a check-in date that overlaps the beginning of the Promotion Period, will be counted towards the Promotion.

As usual, you'll notice that the promo summary gets the end date "wrong" by a 1 day. BW always does that, I don't know why.

In case you'd prefer miles, there's also AAPRO4, 1 Feb - 1 Apr, where you have to have AA as your earning preference, and then you normally earn 250 miles per stay, but with this promo you earn 750 bonus or 1000 total miles per stay. Log in to BW and use the drop-down to go to Special Offers to register for this offer if you're interested.

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 5, 18 at 9:14 am
Old Feb 14, 18, 2:28 pm

I'd like to add that this time around they are offering a 2,000 points option in lieu of the $10. Not necessarily a better deal but if you're eyeing a redemption you can't quite reach with your next stay, might be more useful. I can't post links yet due to the 5 post limit, but it's the BW website plus this: /content/best-western/en_US/offers/hotel-discounts/special-offer/spring-18/spring182k.html
Old Feb 14, 18, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by inkling View Post
I'd like to add that this time around they are offering a 2,000 points option in lieu of the $10. Not necessarily a better deal but if you're eyeing a redemption you can't quite reach with your next stay, might be more useful. I can't post links yet due to the 5 post limit, but it's the BW website plus this: /content/best-western/en_US/offers/hotel-discounts/special-offer/spring-18/spring182k.html
The ridiculous thing is that they sent me an email telling me I had a choice one day before the promo started, but I had already registered for the $10 gift card on my Special Offers page a couple days before that, and now it won't let me register for the bonus points promotion. (Not that I necessarily wanted to switch, but first they announce only one promo, invite people to register, and only then they announce a second for the promo but only if you didn't register by the start of the promo? That's no way to run a promo IMHO.)

Anyway, the full link is:

https://www.bestwestern.com/content/...pring182k.html
Old Feb 14, 18, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
The ridiculous thing is that they sent me an email telling me I had a choice one day before the promo started, but I had already registered for the $10 gift card on my Special Offers page a couple days before that, and now it won't let me register for the bonus points promotion. (Not that I necessarily wanted to switch, but first they announce only one promo, invite people to register, and only then they announce a second for the promo but only if you didn't register by the start of the promo? That's no way to run a promo IMHO.)

Anyway, the full link is:

https://www.bestwestern.com/content/...pring182k.html
I want the points promo so I sent an email asking if they could change my registration. I was actually registered by a csr who was answering an unrelated question so it was even more absurd; she probably didn't know about it either. I'm sure this part of the promo was an afterthought. It doesn't even have a link on the normal spring promo page even though anyone can register.
Old Feb 15, 18, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
mmm although points sound enticing i think im better off with the travel card since i dont forsee using points any time soon. and a $10 TC is worth 2500pnts for redemtion
Old Mar 16, 18, 10:55 am

What is your experience with redemption in Canada?

I've used them twice and I think the first time it was worth CAD 15. But the second time around they seem to have applied an actual exchange rate (not a very favourable one).
Old May 14, 18, 9:33 am

did anyone else get a different promo? this just seems like an insult to members being able to earn just a $20 card for the entire promo. Im not an Aeroplan member but a 1000k points promo they offer i might just sign up and earn that instead for whatever they are worth.
Availability:
05/21/2018 - 09/04/2018
Promo Code:
REWRUSH182Best Western Rewards members† (“Member(s)”) who (a) register for the Promotion (either on bestwestern.com/summer or as otherwise permitted (e.g., at the front desk of any Best Western® branded hotel)), (b) complete one (1) eligible stay* between May 21, 2018 and September 3, 2018 (“Promotion Period”) at a Best Western branded hotel, and (c) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the Promotion will earn one (1) promotional $20 Best Western Travel Card® (“Gift Card”). There is a limit of one (1) $20 Gift Card each Member can earn during the Promotion Period. **The Gift Card will be issued in the Member’s local currency in an approximate denomination to $20 USD.

Last edited by jm1991; May 14, 18 at 9:43 am
Old May 15, 18, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jm1991 View Post
did anyone else get a different promo? this just seems like an insult to members being able to earn just a $20 card for the entire promo. Im not an Aeroplan member but a 1000k points promo they offer i might just sign up and earn that instead for whatever they are worth.
Availability:
05/21/2018 - 09/04/2018
Promo Code:
REWRUSH182Best Western Rewards members† (“Member(s)”) who (a) register for the Promotion (either on bestwestern.com/summer or as otherwise permitted (e.g., at the front desk of any Best Western® branded hotel)), (b) complete one (1) eligible stay* between May 21, 2018 and September 3, 2018 (“Promotion Period”) at a Best Western branded hotel, and (c) have a valid email address listed in the Member’s account profile at the time of registration for the Promotion will earn one (1) promotional $20 Best Western Travel Card® (“Gift Card”). There is a limit of one (1) $20 Gift Card each Member can earn during the Promotion Period. **The Gift Card will be issued in the Member’s local currency in an approximate denomination to $20 USD.
I saw that, but I didn't post about it because it smells "fishy". There's no link given about the promo, like there usually is for the "main" promo. So I suspect this may not be the main promo for the summer, or it may be a "broken" early version of the promo (they had one promo before which was "broken" the first time it appeared in people's accounts). But we'll have to wait to see.

Meanwhile, in case you're not aware, Aeroplan is a program with a very uncertain future. It will "decouple" from AIr Canada in 2020, and it's not clear whether it will be able to survive (or at least be useful for non-Canadians) on its own after that. So consider that before you decide whether to sign up for an Aeroplan promo, if you're not an Aeroplan member right now.
Old May 15, 18, 4:02 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I dont have any travel plans till june so ill just wait and see if BW does have another promo or ill just have to stay at marriott.
Old May 17, 18, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
There's no link given about the promo
I can see it here (after logging in):
https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/re...ve-offers.html
Which is also the place were I registered for this promotion.
Old May 17, 18, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sokolov View Post
I can see it here (after logging in):
https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/re...ve-offers.html
Which is also the place were I registered for this promotion.
But that's not the link for the normal summer promotion. That would be www.bestwestern.com/summer, except of course it's not live right now (it often doesn't go live until the offer appears in somenoe's Special Offers when logged in).

And the big question is, does registering for this promotion lock you out of any other summer promotion that may along a bit later, or not? I'd hate to register for a promotion capped at one stay if it locks me out of a promotion that works for many stays.

Search this Thread