Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Churned 160k BW pts... which best value hidden gems BW properties in US to stay at?

Churned 160k BW pts... which best value hidden gems BW properties in US to stay at?

Old Jan 13, 18, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

To frequent BW members... where would you spend your "hard-earned" points at the good BW properties in the US? I have about 160k pts to use and would not mind travelling a bit to enjoy a few stays at BW. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 13, 18, 6:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Ruby's Inn at Bryce Canyon. It's 20k a night, which is a good deal, for a very nice hotel at a strategic location, just north of the NP entrance. This hotel has pool, whirlpool, very big gift shop, big restaurant (breakfast not included, but has good price buffet), and if you have status you can possibly get upgrade to a room by the pool.

The Bryce Canyon shuttle has a stop just in front of this hotel. The NP has a kiosk at the hotel. How convenient can you get.
rickg523 and pianoboy77 like this.
Old Jan 13, 18, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

wow nice charming place... plus i've never been to bryce canyon before. thanks for the advice, will seriously consider. I do have diamon status
Old Jan 14, 18, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actaully, IMHO, the other BW at Bryce Canyon, the "Grand", across the road from Ruby's Inn, is way way better. It's a compartatively new build, with a fabulous giant free breakfast buffet, while Ruby's paid breakfast buffet breakfast is extremely ho-hum compared to the free breakfast buffet at the Grand. I stayed once at Ruby's Inn, but I have no intention of staying there again, while I'd love to return to the Grand. (But then, it does depend on what you want from the hotel.)

I've never seen a free-to-all breakfast buffet to match the BW Bryce Grand anywhere in the USA, at any hotel, let alone another BW.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 14, 18 at 8:43 pm
Old Jan 15, 18, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Actaully, IMHO, the other BW at Bryce Canyon, the "Grand", across the road from Ruby's Inn, is way way better. It's a compartatively new build, with a fabulous giant free breakfast buffet, while Ruby's paid breakfast buffet breakfast is extremely ho-hum compared to the free breakfast buffet at the Grand. I stayed once at Ruby's Inn, but I have no intention of staying there again, while I'd love to return to the Grand. (But then, it does depend on what you want from the hotel.)

I've never seen a free-to-all breakfast buffet to match the BW Bryce Grand anywhere in the USA, at any hotel, let alone another BW.

wow awesome sdsearch. how was their breakfast buffet btw? good food and good variety? I def want to check that place out now
Old Jan 15, 18, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pianoboy77 View Post
wow awesome sdsearch. how was their breakfast buffet btw? good food and good variety? I def want to check that place out now
Yes, it was good food and good variety. I wish I could find another BW in North America with a complimentary breakfast buffet this good. (There are some places overseas with fabulous lavish breakfast buffets for all being the standard at hotels, eg, Norway, but it's the rare exception in North America.)
Old Jan 18, 18, 2:32 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
How many points are required for a night at the “Grand”? I have spent time in Bryce Canyon in winter, when nobody was there, and loved it. At that time you could drive within the park without needing to take the shuttle bus.
Old Jan 19, 18, 8:21 am

There are 2 BWs in Sedona, AZ. One that I stayed in was a mile or two from the Downtown. It had the most beautiful views of the landscape and a very reliable free shuttle to the city center.. Also had an excellent breakfast, one of the best I have ever had at a BW. The other Sedona is downtown. I did not stay there but on a walk by, it looked good with great views of the scenery. It was also more $$ to stay there. Location, location location.
Old Jan 19, 18, 10:55 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
At Bryce there are two BWa...older Rubys at 20K and newer one across the street for 28K. Bryce you only need one day.

a few other places.....unsure what current point rates are ffor this summer. the rates change based on timing.

1. Moab
2. Ketchum, ID
2, coastal hotels southern Oregon and central coast areas of ccalifornia that have decent rates of points vs cost.
4. Estes Park, CO---this hotel I think carries a 3 night min on weekends
Old Jan 19, 18, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
How many points are required for a night at the “Grand”? I have spent time in Bryce Canyon in winter, when nobody was there, and loved it. At that time you could drive within the park without needing to take the shuttle bus.
Well, speaking of Bryce in winter, because of the current redemption promo, if you can quickly run to Bryce this month, it'll be 10k a night at either property.

Search this Thread