Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only 10K BWR points for a room Nov. 1--Jan. 31!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:26 am

Best promotion ever

After an unexpected business trip last week, we have just scored 20k more points (thanks for the double point part of the fall promotion) - so were able to get our 6th-7th 10k nights.

I would like to say thanks for Brendan, sdsearch for posting these promotions.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:18 pm

Hi there... .. Im having trouble getting this promo to work, are some hotels excluded even though the promo say its for all hotels?

Im trying to book Best western Park Place Inn in Anaheim and it tells me

The rate plan you requested is not available. The available rates are listed below.

TRied several dates in DEcember and Jan and nothing.....
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by lozanor
Hi there... .. Im having trouble getting this promo to work, are some hotels excluded even though the promo say its for all hotels?

The rate plan you requested is not available. The available rates are listed below.

they should all be included, but since disneyland is such a popular place, their award room availability is almost always non existent. If you're a diamond or Diamond Select call the reservations and according to their benefits, one should be able to redeem award nights as long as they have rooms available. I have not yet tried to but was thinking to call for a stay in SF.

"Free night availability, Guaranteed*5
5* Free night redemption guarantee is valid in the United States and Canada for Diamond or Diamond select members who have called customer service to request a free night booking and when there is room availability at the selected hotel. Advanced reservations are required and any on-site redemption requests are subject to free-night inventory availability and may not be honored by the hotel. Benefit only available to members who reside in the United States or Canada, when staying at a property in the United States or Canada."
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:56 pm

How many people are you trying to book? I noticed most of the award booking only works for 1-2 guests per room, so you can try changing that. It's also possible the rooms available for points redemption have already dried up.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:20 pm

I have a feeling that busy hotels filled up fast. I was keeping my eye on the Best Western Pioneer Square in Seattle. There was lots available early on in the promo, but when I checked a week or two into the promo, almost all the dates were gone. Same with Best Western Herald Square in NYC.

I figure either really popular hotels had very limited rooms, or they just got scooped up really, really quickly.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pokee
I have a feeling that busy hotels filled up fast. I was keeping my eye on the Best Western Pioneer Square in Seattle. There was lots available early on in the promo, but when I checked a week or two into the promo, almost all the dates were gone. Same with Best Western Herald Square in NYC.

I figure either really popular hotels had very limited rooms, or they just got scooped up really, really quickly.
Or some hotels played the room category game in order to reduce the proportion of rooms available using points below that which was the case a few months ago.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by jm1991
they should all be included, but since disneyland is such a popular place, their award room availability is almost always non existent. If you're a diamond or Diamond Select call the reservations and according to their benefits, one should be able to redeem award nights as long as they have rooms available. I have not yet tried to but was thinking to call for a stay in SF.

"Free night availability, Guaranteed*5
5* Free night redemption guarantee is valid in the United States and Canada for Diamond or Diamond select members who have called customer service to request a free night booking and when there is room availability at the selected hotel. Advanced reservations are required and any on-site redemption requests are subject to free-night inventory availability and may not be honored by the hotel. Benefit only available to members who reside in the United States or Canada, when staying at a property in the United States or Canada."
Ty for all your responses.. I am indeed a Diamond level, so I will give it a try at calling them!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:30 am

I just received Diamond Select status which I matched from SPG plat. I called the elite line to help me book a room with points. They explained that there were no rooms available using points but there were rooms available for cash. I was not ready to pay with cash as the rack rate was going for 400-500 usd per night! I asked about the free night guarantee. The agent placed me on hold for a few mins while he talked to a supervisor. I supposed he got some sort of approval because when he came back he was able to book the room. He explained that they will email me a travel card with the cash value for the total cost of my stay, which I will use as payment when I checkout. As for the points, they will deduct it from my acct as if I redeemed it towards my stay. A few hours later, I checked my online account to see that points were correctly deducted and I received the travel card in my email with the amount I needed to pay the hotel. I'm lookign forward to my stay next month .
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
I just received Diamond Select status which I matched from SPG plat. I called the elite line to help me book a room with points. They explained that there were no rooms available using points but there were rooms available for cash. I was not ready to pay with cash as the rack rate was going for 400-500 usd per night! I asked about the free night guarantee. The agent placed me on hold for a few mins while he talked to a supervisor. I supposed he got some sort of approval because when he came back he was able to book the room. He explained that they will email me a travel card with the cash value for the total cost of my stay, which I will use as payment when I checkout. As for the points, they will deduct it from my acct as if I redeemed it towards my stay. A few hours later, I checked my online account to see that points were correctly deducted and I received the travel card in my email with the amount I needed to pay the hotel. I'm lookign forward to my stay next month .
Wow BW actually did that? im surprised. Plus you will get the points for your "paid" stay as well.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:31 pm

That will be awesome if it earns points! Although I read that some travel cards are endorsed not to earn any points. I guess I'll find out after my stay.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 12:29 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know how often BW has this promotion. Does this happen once a year or it's a one time offer so far and has not happened before?

Thank you,
Old Nov 24, 2017, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
DL17, this is the very first time I've seen anything similar in all my years of BW membership!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DL17
Hi all,

Does anyone know how often BW has this promotion. Does this happen once a year or it's a one time offer so far and has not happened before?

Thank you,
The latter. I've been a member of Best Western for a couple decades, and they never had anything like this 10k redemption promotion before.

The closest thing they had before (which was way different) was promos where you earned free nigh certificates with limited time to use them.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:32 pm

Thanks very much Brendan and Sdsearch for letting me know.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Maybe we should thank Wyndham Rewards for BW doing this kind of thing. Wyndham has the fixed 15k points/night as a standard feature while this fixed 10k points/night is a first time ever for BW Rewards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.