Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

SUM17: $10 travel card (AAA: $20) every NIGHT, May 22 - Sep 4, 2017, uncapped

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SUM17: $10 travel card (AAA: $20) every NIGHT, May 22 - Sep 4, 2017, uncapped

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't see why it would matter. Any qualifying rate should work.

What matters is that you are a BW AAA member, not just an BW member, plus that your registered for the BW AAA version of the promo, plus that you use a qualifying rate (ie, a rate that earns points).

But do you have experience with your corporate rate at BW in terms of whether you earn points when using it or not? Ie, do you know for sure whether your corporate rate is "qualifying"?
I guess I don't understand what being in the BW AAA subprogram means. My AAA # is in my personal profile, but that's it. And yes, I do earn points using my corporate rate.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmholmes
I guess I don't understand what being in the BW AAA subprogram means. My AAA # is in my personal profile, but that's it. And yes, I do earn points using my corporate rate.
Look here:

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/of...a-program.html

Being a BW AAA subprogram member means:

1. You have AAA logo on the top right of your (new style) BW memberhsip card. See pictures oi the page for examples; my current card looks very similar to the Diamond picture, but that's because I reached a new status late last year and thus a new card within the past year.

2. You get a 10% bonus for all stays, which is called the AAA member bonus. (This is separate from any elite bonus or any promotional bonus.)

If you have both of these things, you're in the BW AAA subprogram. If you have neither of these things, you're definitely not in,it, but you can call up BW on the phone (I have no idea if or how it's possible to do online) and ask to be put into the BW AAA program. Explain that you want the 10% bonus on all stays, and they'll know what you mean.

BW doesn't use the term "subprogram". They just call it the BW program for AAA members, but since that's not the same thing as the regular BW program which can be used by AAA members, I call it the BW AAA "subprogram" to clarify that it's actually a subset of the overall BW program.

Other subprograms include Ride Rewards.

Unfortunately, there's not a place I can find on the current website that makes clear what the various subprograms are. (It was quite clear on the old website.)
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:45 am

I just posted this on a separate thread however thought I'd post this here.

I earned my travel cards in Canada but wish to use them in the USA next month. Will this work? I have $60 in cards. Will this be taken as $60 USD or a conversion into USD? I'm fine with the conversion, just as long as I can still use them in the USD and not just in Canada.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs down $10 gift card got devalued to $5 (and $20 to $15) because of restrictions

I just found my gift cards got devalued. The hotel where I plan to use most of them up (on multiple stays) just added an advance purchase rate which is $5 less than the pay-upon-arrival rate I would normally use, and this advance purchase rate doesn't have to be used in advance (it can be used to book on the day of arrival). But since gift cards cannot be used on an advance purchase rate, that means I'm losing $5 in gift card value relative to what it would cost me to not use the gift cards.

So a $10 gift card just got devalued to $5, and a $20 gift card just got devalued to $15.

Of course, this is hotel dependent, and not every hotel has such advance purchase rates you would want to use. But if they do, gift cards might be devalued for you too.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Why not use multiple travel cards to pay for each stay? That way only one of the travel cards is "devalued".

Last edited by GoingGal; Sep 16, 2017 at 4:25 pm Reason: Simplifying comment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.