Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

SUM17: $10 travel card (AAA: $20) every NIGHT, May 22 - Sep 4, 2017, uncapped

SUM17: $10 travel card (AAA: $20) every NIGHT, May 22 - Sep 4, 2017, uncapped

Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:03 pm

We have just got our $120 gift card e-mail 2 weeks after our stay. (2 rooms, 3 nights)
We registered for the AAA promotion, but this hotel did not offer AAA rate, so as it was mentioned above, AAA means the subprogram you registered for, not the room rate you have.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:55 am

Is there a trick to getting stays to auto-post? None of mine ever do. Then, after I request and get them manually posted, the promos never auto-post. And then, when I request whatever promo be honored, BW usually attempts to squirm out of that (mostly under the assumption that since it didn't auto-post, I must not qualify).

I have always booked on bw.com (logged in) and sometimes resubmit my BW# at the hotel. I don't think I have had any auto-posts of 10 or so stays over the past couple of years.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingbrick
Is there a trick to getting stays to auto-post? None of mine ever do. Then, after I request and get them manually posted, the promos never auto-post. And then, when I request whatever promo be honored, BW usually attempts to squirm out of that (mostly under the assumption that since it didn't auto-post, I must not qualify).

I have always booked on bw.com (logged in) and sometimes resubmit my BW# at the hotel. I don't think I have had any auto-posts of 10 or so stays over the past couple of years.
Is there a trick to getting stays to not auto-post? All my stays do auto-post.

What rate are you using?

As a AAA member, I always use my AAA rate, and it has never failed to post, in several dozens stays a year over many years. However, I mostly stay at the same few BW hotels over and over again.

How many different BW hotels have not auto-posted for you? I'm wondering if it could the particular hotels?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Is there a trick to getting stays to not auto-post? All my stays do auto-post.

What rate are you using?

As a AAA member, I always use my AAA rate, and it has never failed to post, in several dozens stays a year over many years. However, I mostly stay at the same few BW hotels over and over again.

How many different BW hotels have not auto-posted for you? I'm wondering if it could the particular hotels?
Usually AAA or prepaid rates. No special codes that I can recall. Mostly stays in Asia, some in USA. No repeats.

It is too many times to just be random. Something is wrong, but maybe it is just my account.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
weird i registered for the AAA promo but only got $30 for my 3 nights ive done.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jm1991
weird i registered for the AAA promo but only got $30 for my 3 nights ive done.
Well, are you a "Best Western AAA" subprogram member, or just a regular Best Western Rewards member? It's not enough to register for the AAA promo, you have to also have your BW account be of the BW AAA type. (Ie, does your BW membership cards have a AAA logo on it, probably in the upper right of the front? FWIW, while it was easy to tell on the old version of the BW website, on the new version I don't see any easy way tell which subprogram you belong to.)

BW has about 10 different subprograms, for not just AAA but also Ride Rewards and all sort of other tie-ins.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 9, 2017 at 9:18 pm
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:42 pm

So far so good. $120 - 2 weeks after a 3 day/2 room stay in Paris.
$120 was accepted with no problem in a Scottsdale BW. One week later we got $60 for the 3 day stay there.
Something good: we got points based on the oriiginal price, and not the price we actually paid after the $120 redemption.

As for the AAA subprogram: I do not see any AAA on our (very old) Bestwestern card, but our AAA# is on-file (we have never needed to show the AAA card), and we always get 10% bonus 'for AAA Preferred Members' after every stay even if we stay in BW hotels that do not offer AAA rates. So probably we are in the AAA subprogram too?

Last edited by pirossalma; Jul 15, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pirossalma
So far so good. $120 - 2 weeks after a 3 day/2 room stay in Paris.
$120 was accepted with no problem in a Scottsdale BW. One week later we got $60 for the 3 day stay there.
Something good: we got points based on the oriiginal price, and not the price we actually paid after the $120 redemption.

As for the AAA subprogram: I do not see any AAA on our (very old) Bestwestern card, but our AAA# is on-file (we have never needed to show the AAA card), and we always get 10% bonus 'for AAA Preferred Members' after every stay even if we stay in BW hotels that do not offer AAA rates. So probably we are in the AAA subprogram too?
Yes, if you're getting the 10% bonus for BW AAA Preferred Members, that's an indication that you're in the BW AAA program.

So I'm sure you're BW AAA, I'm just still not sure about jm1991 who is the one who reported above only getting $10 per stay in this promo despite registering for the BW AAA version of the promo.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:25 pm

I registered for the AAA promo in June when I was looking for hotels for my recent vacation in July. I'm probably getting 180, not bad at all! I've never failed to get the promos so I'm pretty confident this one will work too.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:25 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just checked out of Best Western Winslow on July 14th, and my $80 gift card (8 nights) arrived via email today, July 20.

Not too bad. ^^
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:52 am

Has anyone gotten the $20/night reward if they have NOT used the AAA rate for booking? I was going to use points for an upcoming stay, but if I get $20 instead of $10 for this promotion using my corporate rate (cheaper than AAA), I would pay for the stay.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by bmholmes
Has anyone gotten the $20/night reward if they have NOT used the AAA rate for booking? I was going to use points for an upcoming stay, but if I get $20 instead of $10 for this promotion using my corporate rate (cheaper than AAA), I would pay for the stay.
I got $120 for 2 room/3 nights in a Paris BW, that does not offer AAA rates.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you pay with an AMEX card you get $20 back off of a $100.00 purchase at the hotel location or online booking. For only cardholders with the best western offer listed in their accounts. Expires 8/23/17

I plan on using the AMEX offer and also register for the travel card etc.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by pirossalma
I got $120 for 2 room/3 nights in a Paris BW, that does not offer AAA rates.
I'm talking about when there IS a AAA rate, and you choose not to use it because another rate is cheaper.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmholmes
I'm talking about when there IS a AAA rate, and you choose not to use it because another rate is cheaper.
I don't see why it would matter. Any qualifying rate should work.

What matters is that you are a BW AAA member, not just an BW member, plus that your registered for the BW AAA version of the promo, plus that you use a qualifying rate (ie, a rate that earns points).

But do you have experience with your corporate rate at BW in terms of whether you earn points when using it or not? Ie, do you know for sure whether your corporate rate is "qualifying"?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.