Early check in - how early?

Old Feb 12, 17, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 25K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles and a few more
Early check in - how early?

How early is early check in ? I'm a lowly Gold status and arrive in Auckland at 6:00 AM. I know I can drop off bags etc., but am curious as to how early a property will allow a full check in.
Old Feb 12, 17, 3:50 pm

It depends on the property. In the hotels in which I worked, we let guests check in early if there was a clean room starting when the morning shift arrived at 6am. I Also worked at the Disney World Reservations Center. They had an identical policy for all of their 20+ resorts.

But, you will also find hotels that monetize early arrivals. Those hotels might insist on paying for the night prior or charge a set fee.
Old Feb 12, 17, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat-1MM, Hhonors Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Send an email or call the hotel, let them know your early arrival and that you would like to request an early check in. See what options they can offer you. They won't guarantee anything, but I am sure they will try to help you.
Old Feb 15, 17, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flying chef View Post
How early is early check in ? I'm a lowly Gold status and arrive in Auckland at 6:00 AM. I know I can drop off bags etc., but am curious as to how early a property will allow a full check in.
It can also depend on how full they are. I've had properties refuse me a 1 pm or even 2 pm check-in (when official check-in time was 3 pm) because they didn't have a room ready for me yet.

Search this Thread