Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

How to Determine Award-Stay Cancellation Policy Before Booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG

I've been looking at the BW in Millbrae, California, but am unable to determine the cancellation policy for award stays without pushing the "BOOK" button.

The site FAQ seems to say that you may need to call the property and ask what their cancellation policy is, which seems less secure than seeing it in print.

Is there a way to determine in advance the cancellation policies for award stays at BW properties?

Last edited by Middle_Seat; Jan 2, 2017 at 9:09 pm
Old Jan 5, 2017, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Dang! No replies.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Dang! No replies.
i believe all award reservations are subject to 24hrs prior to check in.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
I've been looking at the BW in Millbrae, California, but am unable to determine the cancellation policy for award stays without pushing the "BOOK" button.
What's the problem with pushing the "BOOK button? That button doesn't complete your reservation, you still have to go through one more page (that does show the reservation cancellation terms if you expand them) and then click a button again on that page before your reservation is confirmed.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What's the problem with pushing the "BOOK button? That button doesn't complete your reservation, you still have to go through one more page (that does show the reservation cancellation terms if you expand them) and then click a button again on that page before your reservation is confirmed.
Thank you, that's good to know. Since I was logged in and using points, I didn't want to press the BOOK button because there was no indication as to whether or not it actually caused a booking.

With this new knowledge, I'll be able to check out the cancellation policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.