FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   Free something with Best Wester (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1800738-free-something-best-wester.html)

ranles Nov 5, 2016 3:50 pm

Free something with Best Wester

I won a free night at a BW a couple nights ago.

Received a email from BW. Had a spin wheel. Clicked on it and it landed on a free night. Checked my account on BW site, and did not fine it. Called Customer Service, and they said it was real, not a scam. MY free night would be presented to me in 4-6 weeks in an email.

Sorry I did not pay more attention. This is a promotion that repeats every Friday in November. Unfortunately, I did not save the e-mail, and it is not in my deleted file.

Hope this helps someone

pirossalma Nov 5, 2016 4:05 pm

You are a brave man. I would have suspected some nasty virus by clicking on the wheel:-)

Congratulation.

May I ask if you are a frequent BW visitor?

ranles Nov 5, 2016 7:13 pm

I belong to everything...almost, including BW program. Mostly stay once every 3 years, and then perhaps 2 or three times. All USA.

I have no knowledge of the distribution of this "opportunity".

xichang08 Nov 11, 2016 10:20 am

Got the email today and after spinning, won a tier upgrade.

Looks like Diamond again!

tanfox Nov 11, 2016 4:42 pm

I spun last week and got 70 Points
I spun again today and won a free night. Says that it will post to my BW acccount in 5 to 10 business days. I have 2 more stays booked for a total of 10 days before the end of the year. Currently have Diamond status.

sdsearch Nov 12, 2016 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by xichang08 (Post 27467387)
Got the email today and after spinning, won a tier upgrade.

Looks like Diamond again!

I got the email yesterday, and also won a tier upgrade. But I had just reached Diamond with stays (not night or points). Does that mean they'll upgrade me to Diamond Select?

I go to spin 3 times. I also won 700 points on another spin, and nothing at all on the remaining spin.

Global1Flyer Nov 17, 2016 7:36 pm

I had status match to Diamond, and won a tier upgrade and got Diamond Select. ^

xichang08 Nov 17, 2016 10:31 pm

After spinning last week and winning a tier upgrade, my account now reflects Diamond.

Spun again today and won another tier upgrade.

ranles Nov 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Second spin 70 points. Todays spin, a tier upgrade. I was basement, so I guess I am now second from the bottom

tanfox Nov 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Today's spin got a tier upgrade..now will be a Diamond Select. Last weeks free stay voucher arrived in my email yesterday. Expires 3/31/2017. And week #1 70 points has posted to my account. All good so far.

sdsearch Nov 19, 2016 1:11 pm

Friday promo ends before end of Friday

So I was a bit slow in opening the email, and when I opened it it said Friday was over. I look at my clock and notice it's just 9:11 pm, but that's PACIFIC TIME.

So apparently this promo ends at midnight Eastern time (without actually ever saying so)? :mad: :td::(

tanfox Nov 19, 2016 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 27502274)
So I was a bit slow in opening the email, and when I opened it it said Friday was over. I look at my clock and notice it's just 9:11 pm, but that's PACIFIC TIME.

So apparently this promo ends at midnight Eastern time (without actually ever saying so)? :mad: :td::(

Well that stinks. But I do thank you for the information since I will be on the west coast on Friday.

gaken01 Nov 21, 2016 11:15 am

To my surprise I won 700 points on last Friday's spin. That will bring my total points up to enough to cash out with a gift card and not concern myself with this program anymore. Generally my wife would insist we drive 50 miles or more out of the way to avoid staying at a Best Western (although I'm not that picky myself), and their MasterCard -- I think offered my First Bankcard now -- is a joke in terms of value for points earned from purchases.

ranles Nov 26, 2016 10:32 pm

Miss yesterdays spin. Company overnighters for the Holidays. OH, well.

Not much action on this post. I though there would be lots of people participating in this FREE program with guaranteed benefits?

sdsearch Nov 27, 2016 11:01 am

Two weeks ago I got three tokens. As I mentioned before, one got me 700 points, one got me nothing, and on get me a one-tier status upgrade.

As I mentioned upthread, one week ago I tried at 9:11 pm Pacific Time on Friday and got nada because BW thought it was Saturday already.

This week I tried as soon as I got the email (it was only about 9:30 pm on Thursday Pacific Time, but BW thought it was Friday already), but only got one token, and i just got me 70 points this time, which I feel is "in the noise".