Any luck getting a hotel to add award rooms?

Old Oct 29, 16, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
Any luck getting a hotel to add award rooms?

Have been saving points to book 2 rooms but now that I booked 1 room no more rooms available. Called best western customer service and they said that the hotel has only one award room at a time. She suggested calling the hotel to ask if they would release another one.

Anyone had luck doing this? Any specific talk track?
Old Oct 30, 16, 6:11 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by peroorim View Post
Have been saving points to book 2 rooms but now that I booked 1 room no more rooms available. Called best western customer service and they said that the hotel has only one award room at a time. She suggested calling the hotel to ask if they would release another one.

Anyone had luck doing this? Any specific talk track?
From my experience, the front desk can book award rooms at any time. Just call the hotel and ask them to make a reservation for you using your points.
Old Nov 2, 16, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jm1991 View Post
From my experience, the front desk can book award rooms at any time. Just call the hotel and ask them to make a reservation for you using your points.
Thanks, I emailed the front desk and the best they could offer me is the full points (28,000) plus $55 a night where a night runs at $222.

Is it worth it?
Old Nov 3, 16, 12:57 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by peroorim View Post
Thanks, I emailed the front desk and the best they could offer me is the full points (28,000) plus $55 a night where a night runs at $222.

Is it worth it?
I think you should (call) at a different time when another agent is on duty and tell them that the last agent said it would be possible (but don't mention the 55 bucks). If they are able to book it then great. The 55 might also be because it's a better room other than standard room. If that's the case, it may be worth it. Depends really if you want to pay full price or not.
Old Nov 5, 16, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jm1991 View Post
I think you should (call) at a different time when another agent is on duty and tell them that the last agent said it would be possible (but don't mention the 55 bucks). If they are able to book it then great. The 55 might also be because it's a better room other than standard room. If that's the case, it may be worth it. Depends really if you want to pay full price or not.
Would try that. Although the email said that it is the same exact standard room but its a busy time of the year (summer).

Search this Thread