FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   Any luck getting a hotel to add award rooms? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1799338-any-luck-getting-hotel-add-award-rooms.html)

peroorim Oct 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Any luck getting a hotel to add award rooms?

Have been saving points to book 2 rooms but now that I booked 1 room no more rooms available. Called best western customer service and they said that the hotel has only one award room at a time. She suggested calling the hotel to ask if they would release another one.

Anyone had luck doing this? Any specific talk track?

jm1991 Oct 30, 2016 6:11 am

Originally Posted by peroorim (Post 27409709)
Have been saving points to book 2 rooms but now that I booked 1 room no more rooms available. Called best western customer service and they said that the hotel has only one award room at a time. She suggested calling the hotel to ask if they would release another one.

Anyone had luck doing this? Any specific talk track?

From my experience, the front desk can book award rooms at any time. Just call the hotel and ask them to make a reservation for you using your points.

peroorim Nov 2, 2016 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by jm1991 (Post 27411702)
From my experience, the front desk can book award rooms at any time. Just call the hotel and ask them to make a reservation for you using your points.

Thanks, I emailed the front desk and the best they could offer me is the full points (28,000) plus $55 a night:mad: where a night runs at $222.

Is it worth it?

jm1991 Nov 3, 2016 12:57 am

Originally Posted by peroorim (Post 27427931)
Thanks, I emailed the front desk and the best they could offer me is the full points (28,000) plus $55 a night:mad: where a night runs at $222.

Is it worth it?

I think you should (call) at a different time when another agent is on duty and tell them that the last agent said it would be possible (but don't mention the 55 bucks). If they are able to book it then great. The 55 might also be because it's a better room other than standard room. If that's the case, it may be worth it. Depends really if you want to pay full price or not.

peroorim Nov 5, 2016 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by jm1991 (Post 27429931)
I think you should (call) at a different time when another agent is on duty and tell them that the last agent said it would be possible (but don't mention the 55 bucks). If they are able to book it then great. The 55 might also be because it's a better room other than standard room. If that's the case, it may be worth it. Depends really if you want to pay full price or not.

Would try that. Although the email said that it is the same exact standard room but its a busy time of the year (summer).