Best Western Came Thru for me

Old Aug 17, 16, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG: Gold Marriott: Gold
Best Western Came Thru for me

My mom decides last minute she want to go to Celine Dieon in Quebec city. So she calls me since all the room are sold out or 300-900$ near old Quebec.

The results where as follow

Marriott Gold - Earned via UA 1k

Marriott Old City - No Rooms available for points, hotel sold out
Delta - Rooms available for 40 K points room rate 287 so .7 cent per point.
Marriott Courtyard - No Rooms available for points, hotel sold out

SPG Gold - Earned Credit Card spend 40K$, before I knew of status match.

Hotel PUR - No Rooms available for points hotel sold out

Hilton Gold - Status Match, see I am learning hehe

No Rooms available for points hotel sold out

I then go to Hotels.com to see only Best Western is available for $325 a night
ugh I think Delta is cheaper and she will get access to the lounge. Then I remember hey I have a Best Western credit card because one of my vendors only takes Master Card and it was the only no fee master card with some sort of reward I could find.

Never linked the credit card to an account so MBNA assigned me a number and did not tell me what it was. Called them they said they could not give out information call Best Western for the details. So call Best Western get my account set up and was able to book a room with 2 Queens for 24K points(1.35 cents per point)

So I am now trying to do a status match with my Marriott Gold should get me Diamond I think. But still I like that I was able to get a room for points in a sold out city due to event. Even if it was double what that hotel usually ask for a room I think it was an excellent deal. I check other days are only 12K points.

Nimitz
Old Aug 17, 16, 1:21 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Celine sings this Sat. & Sun. Hotel PUR is sold out for this Fri. & Sat., but available Sun. 8/21 @ 4000 *points or C$169++ =C$198.58.
Anyway, if your mom wants Sat., I'm glad the BW came thru 4U! Or maybe Mom could see Celine twice now !
Old Aug 18, 16, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG: Gold Marriott: Gold
HaHa at 200+ a ticket I think once is enough, but she bought her ticket before checking for the hotel. So I was stuck with Saturday, but I like hotel Pur it has a great points to room ratio.

Search this Thread