Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Western award strategies and tips ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Best Western award strategies and tips ?

I will earn 60K points from a sign up bonus and my goal is to book 3 award nights in Japan that require 72K points (24K/night).

Are there any strategies to maximize my award, or earn the missing points fast ?

Does Best Western run award night point discounts ?

I know I could redeem the 48K points towards 2 nights and the remaining 12K points towards a $50 USD BW gift card

Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
I will earn 60K points from a sign up bonus and my goal is to book 3 award nights in Japan that require 72K points (24K/night).

Are there any strategies to maximize my award, or earn the missing points fast ?

Does Best Western run award night point discounts ?

I know I could redeem the 48K points towards 2 nights and the remaining 12K points towards a $50 USD BW gift card

Thanks
No, Best Western doesn't run award night point discounts, that I've ever heard of.

Where in Japan?

In Tokyo, for example, the Best Western program is not the best redemption value. You can apply for Choice Privileges credit card (well, if you can apply for US-based cards, that is), get a 32k signup bonus, and use that for 4 nights at one of two Choice (redemption only) hotels in Tokyo which are only 8k points per night (for North American Choice Privileges members).

So, for example, for Tokyo I'd recommend using Choice, and save Best Western for a location where there are no better redemptions in other programs available. (Of course, not knowing where in Japan you're looking to redeem, I can't know whether Best Western is the only chain property there or not.)
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Thanks! I am looking for Tokyo and Osaka accomodation
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
If a friend of yours also has BW points, s/he can transfer 12K (or any number of) points into your account without a fee. Or you can buy a few points from BW, but the price is higher than they're worth, so buy only a small number for a top-off.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: JGC,SFC, BestWestern DS, Choice P, HH D, Hyatt Ds, IHG D, Marriott P, Radisson V, Wyndham D, Sixt P
Best Western may change required point seasonally.
BW Tokyo Nishikasai will decrease point 12k to 8k from Oct.
BW Yokohama will increase point 8k to 12k to 16k from Sep. and Oct.

Choice Hotel in Japan is also good value, but both BW and Choice are limited room, small, not luxuly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.