Any promos for late May stays?

Old May 4, 16, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Any promos for late May stays?

Does BW have any promos for late May stays in Europe?
Old May 5, 16, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Log into your account and click on Register for Special Offers. What's in there is all there seems to be right now. I have just a few miles offers, including triple Southwest Airlines (600 + 1200 = 1800 per stay) through mid June.

Their current non-miles promotion ends on Sunday May 8. Perhaps they're waiting until it ends to announce the next non-miles promotion? Or perhaps they have a period of no (non-miles) promotions between the end of this one and the summer one?

The current one is www.bestwestern.com/spring; I've been trying www.bestwestern.com/summer daily, but so far it just says the promo "is no longer available" (presumably because it's referring to last year's summer promo; they tend to re-use the same web links every year).
Old May 11, 16, 7:05 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
There's one for earning 2000 Aeroplan miles per stay until Aug. 31 for "a qualified stay* at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or Caribbean Islands during the Promotion Period." Same restriction applies to the Southwest promo mentioned by Sdsearch, plus that one is only for residents of those same areas !

Last edited by Brendan; May 11, 16 at 7:23 pm
Old May 11, 16, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phoochka View Post
Does BW have any promos for late May stays in Europe?
It may be too soon to say. Here's the track record of advance discovery:

The SPRING16 promo that started 2/8/2015 was discovered on 2/6, 2 days before it started.

The WINTER15 promo that started 11/23/2015 was discovered 11/15, just 8 days before it started.

And last year, the SUMMER16 promo started on 5/26/2015, but was only discovered 3 days earlier on 5/23:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...-uncapped.html
So chances are that there will be a summer promo in late May, but that it also won't be revealed until fairly late in May.

But just how late in May? Well, last year the promo started the day after USA's Memorial Day holiday. This year, the Memorial Day holiday is a few days later, on the 30th. So if they follow the same pattern, it might start the very last day of May? Let's hope for your benefit that they don't wait until after Memorial Day this year.

Anyway, one of the very first places this is likely to turn up is under Register For Special Offers under My Account while logged in. So you may want to check that often, and as often as daily as the date of your planned stays approaches. (Since I've already registered for the Southwest promotion, and so now have me earning preference set to "miles", I don't know if it'll show up in my Register for Special Offers or not.)
Old May 11, 16, 8:11 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I can't believe they haven't announced their summer promo yet. All the other chains have done so...
Old May 13, 16, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
I can't believe they haven't announced their summer promo yet. All the other chains have done so...
No, Marriott hasn't, and they might not have a summer promo at all (they didn't have one last year), but, if not, they haven't confirmed that yet.
Old May 14, 16, 8:38 am

I see it in my offers. 2 stays get a $50 gift card. Starts May 23. Of course I have a stay on May 22.
Old May 14, 16, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notahappycamper View Post
I see it in my offers. 2 stays get a $50 gift card. Starts May 23. Of course I have a stay on May 22.
Not only that, but the Southwest Airlines promo ends May 19, so there's no promo other than the Canadian-oriented ones (Aeroplan and AIR MILES) May 20-22 in the USA, either.

But there's more than just a gift card once it does start. There's also 1000 bonus points per stay, on top of any gift earning (and beyond any gift card earning, once you max out your gift cards).

I started a new thread to document the details:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...8-28-16-a.html
Old May 14, 16, 12:06 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
"04/14/2016 - 06/20/2016
Promo Code: SWAPROMO3" Ends JUNE 20.

Also, I just registered for the SUM16 promo which starts on May 23. On my account it offers only the $50 TC, not 1000 bonus BWR points, perhaps because I earn AC miles & am registered for the Aeroplan promo ending Aug. 31.

Thanks Sdsearch! I went back to read the T&Cs, where I found what you said.

Last edited by Brendan; May 15, 16 at 1:59 pm
Old May 14, 16, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
"04/14/2016 - 06/20/2016
Promo Code: SWAPROMO3" Ends JUNE 20.

Also, I just registered for the SUM16 promo which starts on May 23. On my account it offers only the $50 TC, not 1000 bonus BWR points, perhaps because I earn AC miles & am registered for the Aeroplan promo ending Aug. 31.
Did you click on "Details" to expand it? In my summary it only mentions the gift card, the 1000 points are deep into the Details (T&Cs).

In other words, they're promoting this as a gift card promo in the headline, but the additional 1000 bonus points are in the fine print.

Search this Thread