Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Reward reservation shows $30 rate and no points removed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

I transferred 48k points into BW. I made two different reservations, one for 32k and one for 16k for august 2016 at a best western plus in los angeles. I recall everything looked normal when I made the reservations a month ago.

Today I look at my account, and both my reservations say $30/night plus tax, and my points balance is still 48k. (The hotel lists at $130/night, and points reservations are still available.)

Is this normal?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by miadeals
I transferred 48k points into BW. I made two different reservations, one for 32k and one for 16k for august 2016 at a best western plus in los angeles. I recall everything looked normal when I made the reservations a month ago.

Today I look at my account, and both my reservations say $30/night plus tax, and my points balance is still 48k. (The hotel lists at $130/night, and points reservations are still available.)

Is this normal?
i wouldnt worry about it. Most properties withdraw the points at the time of check in, as long as you have the points needed you will be ok. As for the 30+tax, thats what best western pays the hotel when someone uses rewards points, just enough to cover the cost of the room. The 30 bucks should have been set as a private rate but they will payed by a best western direct bill account
Old Jan 23, 2016, 2:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Unlike other programs, like IHG, that take points out immediately for awards stays, my experience with Best Western has been that the points were not deducted until I arrived at the property and checked in.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, IB Plus, AY Plus, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Club
That's correct. From my days working at BW, the points are deducted by the hotel upon arrival as the bookings paid with points are fully flexible and it's a PITA to refund the points if these have been deducted in advance.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
I had to tell BWR when points had not been deducted 30 days post-stay once last year.

They actually read the comments on missing point/ miles submissions. Their reasonably swift reply demonstrated understanding what was going on and that they'd remind the hotel to complete the transaction. It was settled up a few days later.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Cyberian
I had to tell BWR when points had not been deducted 30 days post-stay once last year.

They actually read the comments on missing point/ miles submissions. Their reasonably swift reply demonstrated understanding what was going on and that they'd remind the hotel to complete the transaction. It was settled up a few days later.
Best Western Corporate Customer Service has always followed up quickly via email when I've sent an issue submission on their site. Each time they've handled these promptly to a quick resolution.
When speaking to them on phone they're friendly, professional and reflect an attitude that they truly care about their guests.
I wish more hotel chains gave the same great service Best Western's call center and customer service does.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.