Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

WINTER15 promo (23 Nov 2015 - 7 Feb 2016): 500 bonus points per stay

Old Nov 18, 15, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

www.bestwestern.com/winter

They tout a 10% off rate BEST VALUE but you don't have to use that, the 500 bonus points are for a stay on any qualifying rate.

Remember, as is always the case, a "stay" is any number of consecutive nights at the same hotel, no matter how many times you check in / check out.

So if you want to earn 500 bonus points every night, you have to change hotels every night.

(I discovered this in my Register For Special Offers while logged into my Best Western account.)
Old Nov 18, 15, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The link in the OP doesn't work now. But it was working before?
Old Nov 19, 15, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
The link in the OP doesn't work now. But it was working before?
It worked when I posted it, and I just tried it right now and it worked again.

Please note: It comes up with a page that looks like a completely normal BW page on the left (and at the top), and the promo is only on the right.

It's the easy-to-remember form of the link that's mentioned in the T&Cs. But it actually resolves for me to the longer:

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...ter&ptype=base

Oh, wow, I just treid replacing "base" at the end with "AAA", and it came with the AAA members version of the promo:

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...nter&ptype=AAA

which is 1000 bonus points per stay.

So you may want to hold off on registering (like I have, since my first BW stay won't be until almost a week after the promo starts) and see what other variations there will be (if you're not a BW AAA member).

Thought there's a link to check for certain other partners on the Base page, and Harley (Ride Rewards) and AARP are also only 500 bonus points. Only AAA and CAA (on that list) are 1000 bonus points. So I don't know if there will be any other variations with 1000 bonus points or not.

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 19, 15 at 6:42 pm
Old Nov 19, 15, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Very interesting, thanks.

It seems part of the issue from earlier was related to the browser user agent resulting in a look for a mobile version of the page.
Old Nov 21, 15, 1:04 pm

Nice find on the AAA promo sd. Thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 21, 15, 2:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
AAA members version of the promo:

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...nter&ptype=AAA

which is 1000 bonus points per stay.
Just tried it and got

We're Sorry

We're sorry, but we are unable to register you for this Best Western promotion for the following reason(s):
•Member cannot register for multiple promos from same category
Old Nov 21, 15, 6:59 pm

Call CS 800 780 7234. Ask them to switch you to the AAA promo. Should be an easy fix.
Old Dec 13, 15, 9:04 am

Anyone see the Winter promo points post to their account yet? I had a stay on 11/29. Regular and elite bonus points posted within 2 days. I am still waiting on the 500 Winter Promo points.
Old Dec 13, 15, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by tanfox View Post
Anyone see the Winter promo points post to their account yet? I had a stay on 11/29. Regular and elite bonus points posted within 2 days. I am still waiting on the 500 Winter Promo points.
Yes. 1K posted. Dated 1 day after stay. Regular and elite points posted 5 days after stay.
Old Dec 16, 15, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EVA777 View Post
Yes. 1K posted. Dated 1 day after stay. Regular and elite points posted 5 days after stay.
In my case, the (AAA) 1k posted but quite a few days after everything else (the base points, the elite points, and the AAA 10% points) had posted for my first stay, and while everything else has posted for my second stay, the 1k for that hasn't posted yet. So do give it time.
Old Dec 19, 15, 12:39 pm

Thanks Eva and SDS. I called BW CS and was given the usual excuse to wait 6 to 8 weeks for points to post. I will call again this week and hope I get a different agent. I have spoken to this one on another issue a few months back and was told to get my info online. She was useless for a few simple questions, to the point of being rude.
Old Dec 20, 15, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
In my case, the (AAA) 1k posted but quite a few days after everything else (the base points, the elite points, and the AAA 10% points) had posted for my first stay, and while everything else has posted for my second stay, the 1k for that hasn't posted yet. So do give it time.
Thanks Eva and SDS. I called BW CS and was given the usual excuse to wait 6 to 8 weeks for points to post. I will call again this week and hope I get a different agent. I have spoken to this one on another issue a few months back and was told to get my info online. She was useless for a few simple questions, to the point of being rude.
Well, it's been in another 4 days since I wrote the above, and the AAA 1k still hasn't posted for my second stay.

But are you familiar with "sweeps"? Many companies only do a certain process, such as handing a bonus, through a program they run once in a while (once a week? once every couple of weeks? once a month?) that goes through all the accounts and see which one should get what bonus (rather than having a continually running process which always hands out the bonus after a certain number of days).

So you can have a stay on stay X where the bonus posts very quickly, because you stay X was just before one of those "sweeps", and another stay Y where the bonus takes forever to post, because your stay Y just missed one of those "sweeps" and now has to wait for the next one, however often/rarely they occur.

Having said all that: We know this from analyzing reported datapoints in dozens of programs over dozens of years. (Supported by a one or two "supervisor" CSRs at one or another hotel or airline or credit card program who explained as much for their program once, in relation to transfer times out of that program to another program) I don't know that the average CSR at a program (BW or any other) actually knows the details of how all this works, and thus they are told not mention anything than the 6-8 weeks that's in the T&Cs. You'd have to find a BW program insider way higher up than the average CSR before they'd know it really works internally, and then would they tell you?
Old Dec 22, 15, 1:18 pm

500 bonus points for Winter15 promo finally posted.
Old Feb 1, 16, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG Ambassador Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by yscleo View Post
Just tried it and got

We're Sorry

We're sorry, but we are unable to register you for this Best Western promotion for the following reason(s):
•Member cannot register for multiple promos from same category
I am going to call them because I forgot that AAA members usually have a different registration for promotions and registered for only the 500 promotion. I will post what they tell me about switching to the AAA promotion offer with 1,000 points

Search this Thread