Not such a valued customer after all

Old Oct 26, 15, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Yes please
Not such a valued customer after all

Received an email stating;
Limited-time giveaway to our most loyal members!

Just click here to register for your FREE $20 Best Western Travel Card® before time runs out at the end of day Tuesday, October 27, 2015.
Clicked through to be met with;

Member is not eligible to register for promo id
Easy come, easy go.
Old Oct 26, 15, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by SouthOxon View Post
Received an email stating;
Quote:
Limited-time giveaway to our most loyal members!

Just click here to register for your FREE $20 Best Western Travel Card® before time runs out at the end of day Tuesday, October 27, 2015.
Clicked through to be met with;

Quote:
Member is not eligible to register for promo id
Easy come, easy go.
There's a whole slough of problems with this promo:

1. I got the email and registered. Only, nothing happens when I register - and my account doesn't say I am registered.

2. The email body states, "Just click here to register for your FREE $20 Best Western Travel Card® before time runs out at the end of day Tuesday, October 27, 2015. Your $20 gift card will be emailed to you and is good through December 15, 2015, so hurry and book your stay today!"

And just below that it states, "Travel Card will be emailed to eligible recipients within 5 business days of the close of this promotion. Travel Card expires at 12:00 a.m. MST on December 16, 2015 and may not be used for any fully pre-paid rates."

sooo...maybe they mean you can only stay through the evening of the 15th, because it expires on the 16 at midnight? OH - but wait - their website has these terms and conditions for the promo:

"Best Western Rewards® members who were pre-selected by Best Western® to receive this offer via email and who register for the Promotion before 11:59 p.m. PDT on Tuesday, October 27, 2015 will be sent a $20 Best Western Travel Card® (virtual card) via email. Please allow up to 5 business days for virtual card to arrive via email. Only original recipients of the email will receive a Best Western Travel Card. No physical cards will be issued for this promotion. The virtual Best Western Travel Card is good through November 30, 2015. "

I already have plans to stay Dec. 11-14, so I wonder if they would honor it? That is, if I could even successfully register for it...
Old Oct 29, 15, 3:52 pm

I was able to get one of these. Do you know if they are linked to your account in any way, or I can "transfer" it to somebody else?
Old Oct 30, 15, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka View Post
I was able to get one of these. Do you know if they are linked to your account in any way, or I can "transfer" it to somebody else?
I ended-up getting mine, too - and they did amend the expiry date to December 15, 2015.

I believe it's only good for you - as your BW Acct# is listed on the e-card. But, I'd just try it anyway and say that there's nothing in the T&C saying they aren't transferrable...
Old Oct 31, 15, 4:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I ended-up getting mine, too - and they did amend the expiry date to December 15, 2015.

I believe it's only good for you - as your BW Acct# is listed on the e-card. But, I'd just try it anyway and say that there's nothing in the T&C saying they aren't transferrable...
The travel card number is not tied to the BWR number so as long as you present the Travel card number to the front desk it will be ok. These are like gift cards. I believe the only thing that was not transferable was the Promotional free night vouchers, which im starting to miss. These low value promotions suck.

Search this Thread