FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   Best Western Travel Card (trade or give away) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1706950-best-western-travel-card-trade-give-away.html)

MonkeyMan123 Sep 1, 2015 11:19 am

Best Western Travel Card (trade or give away)

$50 and expires 7 September (I cannot use by then).

Respond here if interested: trade would be best but might just give away if not much interest :)

MonkeyMan123 Sep 3, 2015 12:00 am

Guessing there is no interest. Well if you are, send me a private message or post here by the end of the week.:D

MonkeyMan123 Sep 18, 2015 10:30 pm

I did send this coupon to "connex2me". All I asked is whether he could let me know whether it worked since he planned to use it in Europe. Three PMs/two weeks later no response.

I am not sure what the etiquette is here, but I think a two word follow-up after getting a $50 card for gratis is not too much to ask.

Doc Savage Sep 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi MonkeyMan,

Thanks for being a good guy and trying to help out another FTer. Most of us definitely thank others for good deeds.

Maybe your guy is traveling and not checking FT... who knows.

Safe Travels,

Doc

ETA: looks like that member hasn't signed on since Sept 8.

MonkeyMan123 Sep 19, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks Doc appreciate it (and sorry for venting).

Hopefully will hear back from him later.

Doc Savage Sep 19, 2015 5:46 pm

No worries, mate.

benberg2013 Oct 1, 2015 5:33 pm

Did you ever get a reply from this user you gave a 50$ card to?

There is a separate forum on flyertalk called the coupon connection - this forum is only availble to users who have posted 180 posts and been 180 days on flyertalk - so you should have waited till reaching those requirements, then posted there.

If you post an ofer to give or exchange something outside that special forum, you will be risking someone random coming along and stealing it from you. Anyway the FT rules do not allow exchanging outside that forum.

That forum is regulated strictly, and any tricksters are caught by the moderators.

So dont be surprised that this user may not reply to you.

Regards.

MonkeyMan123 Oct 2, 2015 9:41 pm

Hi Benberg:

The user finally did respond and said he had sent me a PM. I never received any such message, and so I requested that he have an admin let me know that a message had been sent. That was over as week ago and I have not heard back.

I definitely was not seeking anything in exchange: just passing along a coupon to help out a fellow traveler. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I had only wanted to hear whether it had worked.

MonkeyMan123 Dec 3, 2015 10:21 am

Two months later and no response back from the user, so I think it is safe to conclude he never sent those PMs. I must say that was rather bad form. Sorry for awakening the thread just thought some folks might be interested.

Again thanks to everyone who contributes here, FT is a wonderful resource!

1Newflyer Dec 9, 2015 9:43 pm

Good question on using TC with a specific currency in a different country. I think the hotel takes and converts it to local at the prevailing rate. Any confirmation from anyone on this?