FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   what to do with 10k points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1680649-what-do-10k-points.html)

metoo May 17, 2015 4:51 pm

what to do with 10k points

I cannot seem to find any Best Western Hotel for 10k points which is what I have in my account. Does anyone know if this even exist?

If so, how can i find which hotel has 10k points?

I did find one for 16k but am 6k short. It doesn't seem I can transfer any AMEX membership points nor Ultimate rewards points over.

Does anyone know how I can earn the other 6k without a car rental or BW hotel stay?

Hysch May 17, 2015 4:58 pm

You can't transfer Amex MR points? That used to be an option.

GUWonder May 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by metoo (Post 24830326)
I cannot seem to find any Best Western Hotel for 10k points which is what I have in my account. Does anyone know if this even exist?

If so, how can i find which hotel has 10k points?

I did find one for 16k but am 6k short. It doesn't seem I can transfer any AMEX membership points nor Ultimate rewards points over.

Does anyone know how I can earn the other 6k without a car rental or BW hotel stay?

Perhaps you can have someone else with a BW rewards account transfer the points into your account, or you do that for them. Free combining of points is a nice feature of this program.

yscleo May 17, 2015 6:58 pm

Haven't seen a property for 10k points. Recently stayed at San Diego (BW 7Seas) at a property that only require 12k, and it was very good.

Saw properties in Phuket needing lots of points and the cheapest needed 16k points.

If you find a property that only needs 10k points, let us know.

jm1991 May 18, 2015 4:11 am

well i think they have gift cards or travel cards. I dont think thats the best redemption value but its better than nothing. Also if you have your eyes set on a hotel, call BW costumer service and they might actually comp you the rest of the points you need.

Brendan Jun 1, 2015 6:37 pm

I find that BW points are usually worth about half a cent each, so 10K ~=US$50. Too bad you didn't buy from Daily Giveaways a few weeks ago (it's over now) @ $55 for each 10K!
Also 10K BW points can be transferred into 2K airline frequent-flyer miles on many airlines.

bigasiannd Jun 10, 2015 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 24903960)
I find that BW points are usually worth about half a cent each, so 10K ~=US$50. Too bad you didn't buy from Daily Giveaways a few weeks ago (it's over now) @ $55 for each 10K!
Also 10K BW points can be transferred into 2K airline frequent-flyer miles on many airlines.

How long does the transfer to airline miles take? I am looking to transfer to American Airlines to top off an account for an award ticket. Thanks

Brendan Jun 10, 2015 3:04 pm

IDK how long it takes. BTW you can also get a friend to transfer 6K or whatever points into your account!

GUWonder Jun 12, 2015 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Brendan (Post 24903960)

I maxed out on those purchases, which were available there for many, many days after the sale was open. I maxed out on those to use the points for suites.