Best Western Phuket in Jan/2016?

Old May 15, 15, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Question Best Western Phuket in Jan/2016?

At the end of Jan/2016, my wife and I are going (from Toronto) to Taiwan. We are thinking of adding around 5-6 days to go to Phuket, so I can scuba dive and wife can relax.

Looking at the reward chart, there are 3 hotel/resorts in Phuket. The cheapest is BEST WESTERN Phuket Ocean Resort, at 16,000 points per night. Seems to be good value.

Anyone stayed in Phuket and can share some comments, tips?

Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 16, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
We did end up staying at the hotel in Phuket. We had points/vouchers in our TD First Class visa card, so used those for 3 nights including breakfast, which had lots of choices especially fresh fruits. If using BW points, it did not seem to include breakfast.

The room was nice, had a tall mini-fridge. Had a shower, and balcony/terrace. There were many stairs to climb, which could've been a challenge a few months ago when I injured my knee. There were 3 pools that were clean and you can exchange your towel card for a beach towel.

There was self-serve laundry in the fitness room, with one washer and one dryer (40 thb each). There was one staff there that provided change. After we put our cloth in the washer, she said she can put the cloth in the dryer for us, so we didn't have to wait. (That was nice) So we gave her the money and a tip.

We went out for other meals. There were lots of restaurants, and we could eat cheaply. Got pad thai for 60 thb, freshly squeezed fruit juice at 50 thb a cup, etc.

The hotel is in the north end of Karon beach. So it's a couple of blocks from the busy streets of restaurants and shops, but not to bad.

Search this Thread