FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   Best Western $25 GC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1680165-best-western-25-gc.html)

iamalighthouse May 15, 2015 7:59 am

Best Western $25 GC

I just got a Best Western E-gift code for $25 from some promotion. Can't remember which. :) They say to use it when you check in. Is there a good way to maximize this, either by using points to offset the difference and score a free night or, if not, to earn maximum points? I suppose my Sapphire card would be smart to use...

I don't know much about points xferring to this program or if this GC can generally be used in conjunction with something else or even used online perhaps?

sdsearch May 16, 2015 6:56 am

You can only use it in person to reduce (by $25) what you pay at the hotel, so you can't use it on totally prepaid rates.

I don't even understand the rest of your questions. You can only use it to reduce (by $25) a Best Western stay. The rest of the stay is paid (at the hotel) however you would otherwise pay for any Best Western stay.

So the $25 GC doesn't do anything except reduce by $25 what you have to pay for that BW hotel stay. End of story!

Worry first about whether there's any stay you want / need to do (before the gift card expires) where $25 will actually save you money. (Choosing to stay at a $150 BW just to use a $25 off card, when you could have stayed at another equally-good hotel down the road for $80, is not "maximizing" IMHO.)

yscleo May 16, 2015 9:10 am

iamalighthouse , sounds like it's really difficult to use this GC, too much hassle. So it's best you just give to me to make use of it, haha.:D

jm1991 May 18, 2015 4:16 am

i believe the gift cards cand be used on any reservation that requires payment at check in regardless of where it was booked. If you have chase Sapphire then i would suppose that would be a good card. The $25 guest get taken deducted out of the total kind of like a cash payment, but you will still be earning the points an the whole rate you booked at.

sdsearch May 18, 2015 11:56 am

Originally Posted by jm1991 (Post 24831972)
i believe the gift cards cand be used on any reservation that requires payment at check in regardless of where it was booked. If you have chase Sapphire then i would suppose that would be a good card. The $25 guest get taken deducted out of the total kind of like a cash payment, but you will still be earning the points an the whole rate you booked at.

To clarify: You would be earning BW points on the whole rate you booked at (assuming your BW account is set to earn BW points).

You would only be earning Sapphire (Ultimate Rewards) points -- or any other credit card points/miles -- on the amount you paid (ie, rate plus incidentals plus tax but minus $25).

ANC RED-EYE Jun 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Looking forward to being able to use one of these promo cards this time! I received one in the past, but didn't have a BW stay within the short expiration. One worked into my plans this time - always nice when a promotion actually works into your plans!