Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Suite Upgrades... domestic or international

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold

It says on Best Western's website that Platinums get the "best room available."

Then it says:

"Specialty rooms or suites may not qualify for room upgrades (applicable for hotels in U.S. and Canada only)"

There are two ways to interpret this.

A) In North America, you get the best room available, but you do not get a suite. In Europe/etc., you DO get a suite.

B) In North America, you get the best room available, but you do not get a suite. In Europe/etc., there is no such room upgrade program.

The wording leads me to think A) but my reading of the forum is that the answer is really B) or more likely C)

C) Your results will vary based on whether you beg, and, really, how many upgraded/nice rooms can a dirty Best Western have anyway?

Any other insights are appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:24 am

Hi,

In Europe, B) is the correct answer.

You get the room you have booked, no upgrade for BW Platinum members.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:51 am

what if it's an all suite hotel:

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/TX/San-Antonio-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-PLUS-Hill-Country-Suites/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=44509&group=false&srcPage =SelectHotel&isMapOpen=false&selectedHotels=

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.