Rate Best Western Rewards

Old Jan 6, 15, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Rate Best Western Rewards

InsideFlyer is reviewing Best Western Rewards for the February 2015 issue and would like to hear from members with their review of the program.

If you would like to participate, please post your response in the thread with the pros and cons of membership in Best Western Rewards and give the program an overall rating from A to F (A being the highest grade). You can include a plus or minus with the rating.

You can also respond directly to the editors at InsideFlyer at [email protected] if you would prefer.

You can read the full review in February at the InsideFlyer blog: http://insideflyer.boardingarea.com/

Thank you!

Last edited by lynda_insideflyer; Jan 7, 15 at 9:53 am Reason: deleted some text
Old Feb 2, 15, 10:22 am

Over the course of 3 weeks, we stayed at nine different Best Western Hotels throughout the US. We presented our Best Western Rewards card at every hotel, and were not credited any points for any stay. When I inquired about these missing transactions, I was told that since I used my Airmiles to book the hotels, I was not eligible for Rewards points. Had I known this, I could have booked another hotel or used the airmiles for cash discounts or other great offers. There is no rule that says you are not eligible for BW Loyalty points if you use Airmiles to pay for your stay. In total, I used about 7,000 reward miles that I could've gladly used elsewhere. When I argued this point with them, they said they investigated, and because my husband's name was used on the reservation (as it was his credit card paying for the stay), the points cannot be rewarded. This is supposed to be a Loyalty program, and we always book through Best Western when staying anywhere because of this fact. However, due to the hassle over the last 9 stays, if the situation is not rectified, we will stay elsewhere.
Old Feb 2, 15, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by tburgos View Post
Over the course of 3 weeks, we stayed at nine different Best Western Hotels throughout the US. We presented our Best Western Rewards card at every hotel, and were not credited any points for any stay. When I inquired about these missing transactions, I was told that since I used my Airmiles to book the hotels, I was not eligible for Rewards points. Had I known this, I could have booked another hotel or used the airmiles for cash discounts or other great offers. There is no rule that says you are not eligible for BW Loyalty points if you use Airmiles to pay for your stay. In total, I used about 7,000 reward miles that I could've gladly used elsewhere. When I argued this point with them, they said they investigated, and because my husband's name was used on the reservation (as it was his credit card paying for the stay), the points cannot be rewarded. This is supposed to be a Loyalty program, and we always book through Best Western when staying anywhere because of this fact. However, due to the hassle over the last 9 stays, if the situation is not rectified, we will stay elsewhere.
I forgot to rate - given this recent issue and considering the hassle and ridiculous nature of the issue, I would give BWR an E-. This would considerably raise if Best Western "does the right thing".
Old Feb 2, 15, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I forgot to rate
The February issue of InsideFlyer magazine with the Best Western review was already published. So it's too late for your review/rating to go into it.

And, in fact, that was the last (at least print?) issue of InsideFlyer, it turned out. (It's not yet clear to me whether it will continue in some form online or not.)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...ublishing.html
Old Feb 2, 15, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS, B6, HA, SPG, Hilton
Is Airmiles that reward program from Canada? Unless you paid actual cash for the room and not redeemed some kind of reward, you will not get points for the stays.

This is true for ANY hotel, or am I missing something here?
Old Feb 4, 15, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by rubbernyc View Post
Is Airmiles that reward program from Canada? Unless you paid actual cash for the room and not redeemed some kind of reward, you will not get points for the stays.

This is true for ANY hotel, or am I missing something here?

Actually, there is nothing that says in the rules that you cannot use airmiles to pay and claim BW rewards. If it had, I would've used my airmiles for other rewards. Besides, Hilton gives Hilton points on airmiles bookings, so NOT on ANY hotel, just the ones who do not want to compensate their loyalty clients fairly.
Old Feb 8, 15, 10:33 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.8MM 1K , DL working my way up, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, BW Plat, Hertz #1 Gold PC, Avis Preferred
[Duplicate post removed]

Last edited by 1P; Feb 8, 15 at 10:38 pm
Old Feb 8, 15, 10:37 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.8MM 1K , DL working my way up, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, BW Plat, Hertz #1 Gold PC, Avis Preferred
I have recently started to encounter BW Plus hotels where upon checkout you get an additional sheet informing you that no points were earned for your stay (even if you spent several hundred dollars).

I've also noted that not all stays show up on my account, and have to chase them up.

Even more annoying, I recently received an email saying "We haven't seen you recently. Earn double points if you book again soon". This was the week after I had stayed at a BW and with several more BW stays booked in the coming weeks.

I think the BW Rewards computer system is cr*p.
Old Feb 18, 15, 10:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Doesn't sound good. We have upcoming trips. If the BW reward system is so crappy, we won't book BW hotels.

Search this Thread