Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Canyon Best Western

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Grand Canyon Best Western

We have stayed at Best Westerns many times so when I booked the Best Western Premier Grand Canyon Squire Hotel in Tusayan, AZ I did not notice that that hotel charges your credit card immediately, even for refundable rooms. I think this is the only premier I've ever booked, so I don't know if this is true of all premiers or only at the Grand Canyon. Also did not notice that in order to get the lowest rate on a second room for a family member I booked a nonrefundable room. Called the hotel to see if we would be able to cancel in case of bad roads but they were adamant that there were no exceptions.
The hotel claimed that charging credit cards in advance was prominent but I beg to differ. My main problem with the Best Western chain is that since they are owner operated there are a lot of variations between hotels.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:37 pm

Many hotels in highly popular places do the same thing. (All Vegas Strip hotel for example,) Charging your card, even for refundable rates. But you can get it back, if you cancel it 24/48 hours before your stay.

I would recommend always to click on/read "Rate Details" - all these clearly stated on the hotel's page.

If you want the lowest rate, use your AAA card, or AARP card. Same lowest rate as "internet only rate" but always refundable. Not only at BW but at many other hotel chains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.