FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   Best Western Plus Denver Hotel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1629923-best-western-plus-denver-hotel.html)

ZDog377 Nov 19, 2014 7:03 am

Best Western Plus Denver Hotel

This is a review of the Best Western Plus in Denver. The address is 3737 Quebec St. I had several items taken from my room during my stay. The front desk was very responsive about making a report and calling the police so I could file an incident report with them as well. After talking to the owner the next day, he stated that this was the first time it happened. However, after talking to the detective she stated that this was not the first time and had happened several times over the past year.

These items were inside my bag and were taken. Just a word of caution for anyone traveling to Denver........

rubbernyc Nov 19, 2014 8:49 am

Originally Posted by ZDog377 (Post 23864913)
This is a review of the Best Western Plus in Denver. The address is 3737 Quebec St. I had several items taken from my room during my stay. The front desk was very responsive about making a report and calling the police so I could file an incident report with them as well. After talking to the owner the next day, he stated that this was the first time it happened. However, after talking to the detective she stated that this was not the first time and had happened several times over the past year.

These items were inside my bag and were taken. Just a word of caution for anyone traveling to Denver........

Did you post a review on tripadvisor about this?

ZDog377 Nov 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by rubbernyc (Post 23865552)
Did you post a review on tripadvisor about this?

I'm planning on it tonight. I just posted this before I left for work for the day.

ZDog377 Nov 21, 2014 10:17 am

Anywhere else to post a review besides Trip Advisor? Also, does anyone have an address for someone higher up in Best Western? I have the address for the corporate office, but I think they'll just read it and it won't go anywhere.

ZDog377 Dec 13, 2014 7:44 am

Just a quick update...

I sent a certified letter to Best Western. They responded stating they had contacted the hotel owner and his response was that there was nothing they could do. I asked BW if they had contacted the detective like I had stated in my letter since she would be able to explain this was not the first time this had happened at this hotel.

BW Corporate stated that it is not their place to get involved in the affairs of their hotels. They were standing by the response of the hotel. Since then, I have been able to narrow down that two of the gift cards were used out in Colorado on Black Friday not far from the hotel. I am also waiting to hear back from Lowe's as to the status of other ones that were stolen.

Any other ideas on who to contact for this? Would the BBB be a viable option?