Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Winter 2014/2015 promo so feeble, you might as well stay in hibernation

Winter 2014/2015 promo so feeble, you might as well stay in hibernation

Old Nov 18, 14, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs down Winter 2014/2015 promo so feeble, you might as well stay in hibernation

Saw this (along with endless variations) in my Register For Special Offers. Needless to say, I'm not likely to register.

11/24/14 - 2/1/15 Book BEST VALUE or WEB SPECIAL rate on bestwestern.com to receive up to 20% off participating hotels Flexible Rate

Availability: 11/24/2014 - 02/02/2015
Promo Code: WINTER14

Details

Guests who book reservations on bestwestern.com at the Best Value or Web Special rate plans between November 24, 2014 and February 1, 2015, will receive up to 20% off the Flexible Rate. Promotion registration is not required to receive the discounted rate. Discounted rate is available only at participating hotels. Discounts will vary by hotel up to 20%. The individual hotels reservation cancellation and modification policies will apply and may vary by hotel. Additionally, Best Western Rewards Members residing in a participating country (for list of countries, visit bestwestern.com) who meet the following conditions will earn 500 bonus Best Western Rewards points if they: (a) book a reservation for a qualifying stay during the Promotion Period on bestwestern.com; (b) provide their Best Western Rewards account number at the time of booking; (c) register for the promotion; and (d) complete the qualifying stay during the Promotion Period. Members residing outside one of the participating countries who meet the following conditions will earn 500 bonus Best Western Rewards points if they: (w) book a reservation for a qualifying stay* during the Promotion Period on bestwestern.com; (x) provide their Best Western Rewards account number at the time of booking; (y) register for the Promotion; and (z) complete the qualifying stay at a Best Western branded hotel in a participating country? during the Promotion Period. Best Western Rewards enrollment is required prior to booking. Best Western Rewards enrollment can be completed by visiting bestwesternrewards.com. Stays made prior to registration will count towards the bonus points, as long as the stay occurred within the Promotion Period.There is no limit to the number of Best Value and / or Web Special discounts and booking bonuses a guest may receive during the Promotion Period. But, these offers may not be combined with certain other offers, promotions, or discounts. Promotion is subject to cancellation or change without notice. Allow six weeks after the completed qualifying stay for posting of the Best Western Rewards bonus points. All Best Western Rewards program rules apply. See bestwesternrewards.com for program terms. A qualifying stay for the purpose of this Promotion is defined as one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western branded hotel at a rate eligible for earning points or airline/partner rewards through Best Western Rewards (see Best Western Rewards program rules for rate eligibility criteria). Only one check-in/check-out permitted per qualifying stay. A qualifying stay that takes place during the Promotion Period, but has a check-in or check-out date that overlaps with the beginning or ending of the Promotion Period, will be counted toward the Promotion. Bookings made on the Best Western International, Inc. mobile website or application will also be eligible for the discounted rates and bonus points offer. Each Best Western branded hotel is independently owned and operated and Best Western and the Best Western marks are service marks or registered service marks of Best Western International, Inc. 2014 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Old Nov 24, 14, 10:39 pm

I tried to book a room with 1000 extra points and at the hotel I was interested in, I would have had to pay extra to get the points. Not worth it and slightly deceptive advertising, IMO.
Old Dec 17, 14, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Lightbulb BW Ride members earn 2000 points per stay, and you can switch to BW Ride if you want!

Well, this is bizarre. As usual, they have endless variations of this promo for their endless varaiations of memberships (which all show up in your Register For Special Promos, until you've registered for one of them). However, unlike most other times, they're not all identical. Specifically, the HARWINTER14 promo for BW Ride members earns 2000 bonus points per night (as does a Service members promo), while everyone else earns only 500 bonus points per night.

However, there is no requirement for joining BW Ride Rewards! So, during one phone call, I was able to get my membership switched from BW AAA to BW Ride, and then sign for the HARWINTER14 promo. I have to book at bwride.com, but that just redirects to bestwetern.com recognizing my BW Ride membership. The headline of the HARWINTER14 promo claims I have to book a Harley rate, but there is no Harley rate showing online, and a BW agent looked up the T&Cs and agreed with me that they clearly say that I don't have to book any specific rate (just a normally 'qualifying" for points earning rate).

I miss out on the 10% bonus (on base points only) from BW AAA membership, but that's way trumped by the extra 1500 bonus points per stay (since all my BW stays during this promo period will be one-night stays).

(FWIW: I've never been on a motorcyle in my life. )
Old Dec 27, 14, 3:58 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Much better than any version of their 11/24/2014 - 02/02/2015 promos is the APPROMO9, which gives 2000 Aeroplan miles per stay from 1/1/2015--4/30/2015, but they're mutually exclusive: If you've registered for any version of WINTER14 above, you must phone to request that it be cancelled & replaced by APPROMO9.
Old Dec 27, 14, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.9mm,AA ex-EXP,Hy Glob, Acc Plt,HH Dia,Onyx Plt,Mar LT Tit,IHG Spi,RR G,BW Dia,FPC Plt
Thank you Brendan! That's a much better promo, of course. How did you find the AC promo? I didn't see it on the Bonus Airlines Rewards Offer page.
Old Dec 28, 14, 1:05 pm

Programs: Avis Chairman's, Hertz Au+ , IHG Au, Hyatt, Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Pt & Life Au, Accor Ag
Kevino,
1. Log in, then click in the box on the left: "I want to. . .Register for Special Offers."
2. If you're not already registered for some version of WINTER14, it will show you about 10 versions of it. Scroll down below to APPROMO9.
3. If you ARE already registered for some version of WINTER14, it will show only what you're registered for. So phone BW Rewards (1-800-237-8483 from USA or Canada) to ask to be un-registered from it & registered in APPROMO9 instead.
Old Jan 7, 15, 1:51 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Originally Posted by MarianR View Post
I tried to book a room with 1000 extra points and at the hotel I was interested in, I would have had to pay extra to get the points. Not worth it and slightly deceptive advertising, IMO.
+1. Maybe I am just new to BW and don't know what I am doing

Got statusmatched to Diamond and about to book my first ever BW
Old Jan 19, 15, 5:30 am

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
APPROMO9

Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
Much better than any version of their 11/24/2014 - 02/02/2015 promos is the APPROMO9, which gives 2000 Aeroplan miles per stay from 1/1/2015--4/30/2015, but they're mutually exclusive: If you've registered for any version of WINTER14 above, you must phone to request that it be cancelled & replaced by APPROMO9.
APPROMO9 gives 1,750 bonus aeroplan miles only for stays in canada, the united states or the caribbean islands during the promotion period. for stays outwith these three areas, APPROMO9 appears to give no benefit at all.

https://www4.aeroplan.com/promotions...08_bestwestern

ian.

Search this Thread