Wiki Posts
Search

Fall 2014 promotion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Fall 2014 promotion

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...all&ptype=base

Similar to the previous seasonal (fall/winter/spring) promotions.

Last edited by pirossalma; Aug 28, 2014 at 9:03 pm
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since this link will eventually stop working, I'm archiving the main points here:
Offer Details: Book at bestwestern.com by choosing the BEST VALUE or WEB SPECIAL rate and receive up to 20% off the participating hotel's Flexible Rate. Plus, Best Western RewardsŪ members who register and book ANY qualified rate on bestwestern.com will also receive 1,000 bonus points per stay between September 2, 2014 and November 23, 2014. Elite members get an additional 500 bonus points per stay.*
T&Cs link:

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...all14-base.pdf

Since it's a PDF, I can't post it here in full, but a few key points:
Booking made through the BW mobile website or BW mobile app will also qualify for the online booking bonus (1000 plus 500 if elite).

There is no limit to how many times you can earn this bonus.

"May not be combined with certain other promotions/offers/discounts." (Past experience implies that if an airline promo comes along that you prefer, it and this promo may be incompatible.)

Stays made prior to registration (but otherwise within the promotional timeframe) will count for the 1000, but elite bonus seems to be only for stays booked after registering.
FAQ link:

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...fall14-faq.pdf
Earning preference must be set to points, not miles.
Btw, this promotion may also show up in your Register For Special Offers (after logging in), but will be in a slightly different format there. (There are also the typical endless variations for special types of BW memberships, but I didn't spot any extra value in the AAA version.)
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I had a conversation earlier today with an agent at the BestWestern customer service desk and was told that the 500 elite bonus would be awarded regardless of when the stay was booked (i.e. prior to 2 Sep). The agent admitted the language was confusing but reiterated that as long as the stay was booked on line and completed during the promo time frame all applicable points (1,000 + 500) would be awarded.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoingGal
I had a conversation earlier today with an agent at the BestWestern customer service desk and was told that the 500 elite bonus would be awarded regardless of when the stay was booked (i.e. prior to 2 Sep). The agent admitted the language was confusing but reiterated that as long as the stay was booked on line and completed during the promo time frame all applicable points (1,000 + 500) would be awarded.
The point I made above was not about elite bonus on stays booked before the promotion start, it was about elite bonus on stays booked before registering.

For example, what if, back in June, you booked a stay for this coming October? That's before you could have possible registered for this promo! Well, the T&Cs imply that a stay booked that far back wouldn't count for the elite bonus, but not because it was booked before Sep 2 (that in itself is not a problem), but because it was booked before registering for this promo.

Ie, the promo is designed to get you to book more stays. They don't want to give you that much prize for fulfilling stays you had booked before you ever heard of this promo.

Now, maybe they still do give the elite bonus even for stays booked months ago. But I don't see where asked about that. Me, when I did have a situation like that in the last (summer) online booking promo, since the same rate was still available, I simply cancelled and rebooked after registering. So it might take a person who booked a non-refundable rate that long ago to "test" whether they give the elite bonus for stay booked long ago or not, because otherwise I bet everyone's going to try to cancel and rebook if they can just to be sure they get the full amount of the bonus.

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 29, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:21 am

BW Rewards Unresponsive to Email

Deleted (new thread started)
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Well, the T&Cs imply that a stay booked that far back wouldn't count for the elite bonus, but not because it was booked before Sep 2 (that in itself is not a problem), but because it was booked before registering for this promo.
sdsearch
To reconfirm - I was specifically told that MR members will earn the 1000 points plus the 500 elite bonus for all stays completed after registering for the promotion regardless of when the stay was actually booked. I am confident of the information I was provided and don't plan on rebooking any of my stays.

Regards,
GoingGal
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:40 pm
Suspended

Have you guys been receiving the points from this promo? If yes, typically how long after the stay are you receiving them?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toooldtostayoutlate
Have you guys been receiving the points from this promo? If yes, typically how long after the stay are you receiving them?
Yes, but it seems to take a few weeks (2? 3?).

As opposed to the Michigan promo points which posted really quickly (so quickly, that I wondered for weeks whether they had pre-empted the bonus points from this promo, but in the end it turned out they hadn't, it's just that this promo posts quite slowly).
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Since this link will eventually stop working, I'm archiving the main points here:
Offer Details: Book at bestwestern.com by choosing the BEST VALUE or WEB SPECIAL rate and receive up to 20% off the participating hotel's Flexible Rate. Plus, Best Western RewardsŪ members who register and book ANY qualified rate on bestwestern.com will also receive 1,000 bonus points per stay between September 2, 2014 and November 23, 2014. Elite members get an additional 500 bonus points per stay.*
T&Cs link:

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...all14-base.pdf

Since it's a PDF, I can't post it here in full, but a few key points:
Booking made through the BW mobile website or BW mobile app will also qualify for the online booking bonus (1000 plus 500 if elite).

There is no limit to how many times you can earn this bonus.

"May not be combined with certain other promotions/offers/discounts." (Past experience implies that if an airline promo comes along that you prefer, it and this promo may be incompatible.)

Stays made prior to registration (but otherwise within the promotional timeframe) will count for the 1000, but elite bonus seems to be only for stays booked after registering.
FAQ link:

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...fall14-faq.pdf
Earning preference must be set to points, not miles.
Btw, this promotion may also show up in your Register For Special Offers (after logging in), but will be in a slightly different format there. (There are also the typical endless variations for special types of BW memberships, but I didn't spot any extra value in the AAA version.)
Emphasis mine. Insanity. This is exactly the issue i'm dealing with today, AA promo 1250 bonus miles - tried to register says I can't. BWR says can't overlap with Fall Promo. Can't undo Fall promo. Just stuck with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.