FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   Newcomer to BW loyalty scheme (North America) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1575526-newcomer-bw-loyalty-scheme-north-america.html)

goldandsilver21 May 8, 2014 3:44 pm

Newcomer to BW loyalty scheme (North America)

Hello all,

I just registered with BW Rewards via its North America Scheme. I have got a few questions and any response is much appreciated.

1) Non Toll Free Number to BW Rewards/Reservations (North America)
I registered with its North American scheme but I am currently on holiday in the UK. I tried calling the North American toll free numbers (1800 023 7483 , 1800 444 6746) and I am unable to connect through. I called the European scheme in the UK but they were unable to answer my questions as it was North American. Does anyone know any non toll free number to get to America?

2) Booking Via Third Party
Do I get points if I book BW hotels via third party operations (hotels.com, booking.com etc)

3) Points Never Expire

Is this true as I registered my address under a Singapore Address. This is what I quote from the website.
'*Applies to residents of the U.S., Canada, Caribbean, Asia, South America, Central America, the Middle East and South Africa only'

4) Booking 9 rooms for group

I am thinking of booking a BW Hotel for a gathering for one night. Does this mean:

a) I get 9 rooms and hence it counts as 9 room nights
b) I am paying for all the rooms, does this count towards my points? If one room I get 10 points, does this mean with 9 rooms i get 90 points?

I am a bit confused about this because some say you are only entitled for points/nights with one room but the terms & conditions say this and I quote '
Members are eligible to receive points for up to 10 rooms when staying at Best Western brand lodging establishments. Members may receive points for all rooms (up to 10) reserved under the Member's name provided the following: (1) one room is occupied by the member, (2) all rooms are paid for by the member, (3) points for that room have not been issued to another member and (4) the Member has presented the Card or number at the time of check-in.

5) Status Match
And finally, my last question :D I am currently with Le Club Accor Gold. I sent my proof of eligibility yesterday. How long does it take for them to consider it and make the necessary changes?

If you are still reading this :D, you guys are the best ^^^ Many thanks once again!

Vick407 May 10, 2014 5:31 am

Originally Posted by goldandsilver21 (Post 22833738)
Hello all,

I just registered with BW Rewards via its North America Scheme. I have got a few questions and any response is much appreciated.

1) Non Toll Free Number to BW Rewards/Reservations (North America)

I registered with its North American scheme but I am currently on holiday in the UK. I tried calling the North American toll free numbers (1800 023 7483 , 1800 444 6746) and I am unable to connect through. I called the European scheme in the UK but they were unable to answer my questions as it was North American. Does anyone know any non toll free number to get to America?

This is headquarters # (602) 957-4200 and they will transfer you.

2) Booking Via Third Party
Do I get points if I book BW hotels via third party operations (hotels.com, booking.com etc)

NO. but you can book on bestwestern.com and get similar rate.

3) Points Never Expire

Is this true as I registered my address under a Singapore Address. This is what I quote from the website.
'*Applies to residents of the U.S., Canada, Caribbean, Asia, South America, Central America, the Middle East and South Africa only'

They do not expire. Not sure about singapore.

4) Booking 9 rooms for group[/U]

I am thinking of booking a BW Hotel for a gathering for one night. Does this mean:
a) I get 9 rooms and hence it counts as 9 room nights
b) I am paying for all the rooms, does this count towards my points? If one room I get 10 points, does this mean with 9 rooms i get 90 points?

I am a bit confused about this because some say you are only entitled for points/nights with one room but the terms & conditions say this and I quote '
Members are eligible to receive points for up to 10 rooms when staying at Best Western brand lodging establishments. Members may receive points for all rooms (up to 10) reserved under the Member's name provided the following: (1) one room is occupied by the member, (2) all rooms are paid for by the member, (3) points for that room have not been issued to another member and (4) the Member has presented the Card or number at the time of check-in.

a) No it counts at one stay.
b) You will get points for all rooms if you pay for them and you stay in one of those rooms. You get 10 points per dollar spent. Lets say room is $90 then its $900 points.

5) Status Match
And finally, my last question :D I am currently with Le Club Accor Gold. I sent my proof of eligibility yesterday. How long does it take for them to consider it and make the necessary changes?
Not sure but best western is usually good about matching and being fair.

If you are still reading this :D, you guys are the best ^^^ Many thanks once again!

goldandsilver21 May 10, 2014 7:52 am

Thanks Vick407! ^^^