BW $25 Travel Card comp

Old Apr 28, 14, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
BW $25 Travel Card comp

Received an email over the weekend offering me a $25 Travel Card free if I register before Tuesday...which I've done. "Card" is actually an email with the PIN and can be used at check-out against stays through June of this year. Can't be used for advance purchase prepaid rates though.

Anyone else receive this promo?

(I'm Diamond with three stays this year.)
Old Apr 28, 14, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I wanted to confirm that this was a real thing before I actually opened it ... I suppose it is! I received the $25 one.
Old Apr 28, 14, 11:43 am

anyone received the actual "card" yet?
Old Apr 28, 14, 2:03 pm

Standart member with one stay in last year, receive 25USD email.
My wife with same history don`t receive nothing.
Old Apr 28, 14, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
I wanted to confirm that this was a real thing before I actually opened it ... I suppose it is! I received the $25 one.
Ditto. I was afraid to open it! Comes from bestwesternnews or something like that.
Old Apr 30, 14, 6:12 am

Hello again, Shareholder! Here's an odd note that most recipients of the $25 Travel Card would find amusing at best: you don't actually have to use it to pay for your room. If you aren't staying at a BW before its expiration date, see if you could stop by one and use it to buy food--dining in or for take-out. If the restaurant cashier can't get their system to take the Card, the front-desk staff can. The catch is, many BWs don't have a restaurant, as far as I know. Good luck and enjoy your food!
Old May 1, 14, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Originally Posted by hobo13 View Post
Ditto. I was afraid to open it! Comes from bestwesternnews or something like that.
Are people that suspicious? Phishing emails are so inept at trying to look official it's laughable, like those Nigerian faxes and letters we used to get, and the current versions as emails. I have yet to see a phishing email purportedly from a bank or courier or telco/cableco that came close to looking like the real thing. Phishers have no sense of graphic design nor expertise in aesthetics, nor command of the English language.
Old May 2, 14, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Received the gift card email this afternoon. However, there was no actual number for the Travel Card on the one sent to me. Had to call in and they resent the card. Must be used by the end of June.
Old May 3, 14, 2:05 am

Yes its real. They sent to this elite members.
Old May 3, 14, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder View Post
Are people that suspicious? Phishing emails are so inept at trying to look official it's laughable, like those Nigerian faxes and letters we used to get, and the current versions as emails. I have yet to see a phishing email purportedly from a bank or courier or telco/cableco that came close to looking like the real thing. Phishers have no sense of graphic design nor expertise in aesthetics, nor command of the English language.
The probably may be small, but the risks are high.....

YMMV....

FWIW, I received an email with my number included.
Old May 22, 14, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Likemiles View Post
you don't actually have to use it to pay for your room. If you aren't staying at a BW before its expiration date, see if you could stop by one and use it to buy food--dining in or for take-out. If the restaurant cashier can't get their system to take the Card, the front-desk staff can. The catch is, many BWs don't have a restaurant, as far as I know. Good luck and enjoy your food!
Anybody try this? Not sure I'll have another use for mine.
Old May 23, 14, 6:07 am

Yes, I did. It worked. The take-out food didn't cost the entire $25, but they were willing to take the residue amount as a tip, and cleaned out my card. Hope what you'll be getting tastes better than what I chose. Best of luck!
Old May 23, 14, 3:40 pm

Yes, I did. It worked. The take-out food didn't cost the entire $25, but they were willing to take the residue amount as a tip, and cleaned out my card. Hope what you'll be getting tastes better than what I chose. Best of luck!
Did you have to do anything special? Pay at the front desk?
Old May 24, 14, 5:35 am

No. But I did call ahead and ask the restaurant whether or not they'd take a BW Travel Card when I wasn't a guest staying at the property. They said they would. Also, when ordering I told the waiter that he should take the payment before sending the order to the kitchen, just in case. It did turn out that the cashier had trouble making the Card work, but he took it to the front desk and someone there solved the problem. It'd be interesting, Hobo13, to know how it works out for you.
Old May 25, 14, 7:32 am

No. But I did call ahead and ask the restaurant whether or not they'd take a BW Travel Card when I wasn't a guest staying at the property. They said they would. Also, when ordering I told the waiter that he should take the payment before sending the order to the kitchen, just in case. It did turn out that the cashier had trouble making the Card work, but he took it to the front desk and someone there solved the problem. It'd be interesting, Hobo13, to know how it works out for you.
So you were prepared to dash if they couldn't take the coupon? That's pretty awesome.

I've done the same thing with Restaurant.com coupons -- I show them up front. If they refuse to take them, I leave. Simple as that.

Search this Thread