BW Status Validity

Old Apr 4, 14, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum For Life, HH Diamond
BW Status Validity

I reached Diamond status with Best Western in 2011, and didn't stay a lot with them in the following two years (2012 and 2013; maybe a dozen nights per year). When I logged in, the account information never gave any clue what I needed to do to requalify as Diamond. Now, I finally received a letter that I didn't requalify in 2013 and a new Platinum card. The new card once more doesn't have any expiry date.

What is the experience of others here?
Old Apr 10, 14, 11:31 pm

Hope this helps:

Base Level

Base level is achieved upon joining the program. Members receive:

•Ten points for every U.S. dollar spent on qualified room rates or 250 miles per qualified stay at Best Western hotels worldwide.
•Exclusive offers

Gold Elite Level
Gold Elite level is achieved after completing 10 qualified nights at any Best Western hotel worldwide during a calendar year. Gold Elite members receive:

•10% point bonus*
•Exclusive Elite-only offers
•Purchase points for award redemption (1,000 points for $10)*

Platinum Elite Level

Platinum level is achieved after completing 15 qualified nights at any Best Western hotel worldwide during a calendar year. Platinum members receive:

•15% point bonus*
•Exclusive Elite-only offers
•Complimentary room upgrades, early check-in and late check-out privileges, upon availability

Diamond Elite Level

Diamond level is achieved after completing 30 qualified nights at any Best Western hotel worldwide during a calendar year. Diamond members are entitled to:

•30% point bonus*
•Exclusive offers
•Complimentary room upgrades based upon availability
Old Apr 10, 14, 11:33 pm

Also, it may not have expiry date but if you don't keep up with requirements you will be dropped down a level. Even though you may have platinum or diamond card, BW hotels will show you current status and that's what they go by.
Old Apr 28, 14, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
Curious. I was status matched to Diamond a couple of years ago, but only stay at BWs a couple of times a year, certainly not enough to requalify for that or any other status. However, I've been kept at the Diamond tier for the following year (i.e. last year) and just received notice I'll have it through this benefit year. I've found BW very forgiving in this respect which I appreciate, but also would not feel so kindly were I to have earned status and then been dropped a tier or two because I'd not stayed enough nights. (Of course, keeping me at Diamond doesn't really cost BW much since the only real benefit is the 30% points bonus...I seldom get the 250 additional points as the local "amenity" offering.

Search this Thread