Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Website Functionality and Confirmation # Issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:34 am
Original Poster

I'm new to BW rewards but am having two issues:

1. For the past week I've not been able to log into the website unless I view it in text only mode. Trying to log in just results in a never-ending page load. I also have problems navigating the website about 1 out of every 2 or 3 clicks. Text-only mode works OK, but will kick me out after a few minutes because it claims my browser won't allow cookies (which it will).

2. I booked a room over the phone (to get a wedding party rate) and was given a 6-digit confirmation number. When I go to the website, it says the confirmation number is invalid. What do BW confirmation numbers usually look like?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IHG
The confirmation numbers for reservations made on the Best Western site are 8 digits. But I've made reservations before on an individual hotel's site and think those were 6 digits. There is some kind of interplay between the two systems. If you call the hotel, you can confirm your reservation. At some point, they have to translate the # into the site numbering system in order to give you your points, but that might not have happened yet. Also, I wasn't really given a clear explanation of which direction that goes. About the website, it has had that indefinite loading period for some months. I don't know what the problem is, but can usually get to the site by clicking on one of their emails. But that's because it recognizes my email address.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aw82
For the past week I've not been able to log into the website unless I view it in text only mode. Trying to log in just results in a never-ending page load.
I have been seeing this issue for many months. But there's a simple way I found to work around it:

Go to the Best Western website (no need for text mode). Log in. It starts spinning that "wait" icon. After a few seconds, use the browser's Refresh button/icon to refresh the page. Voila, the page redraws showing that you're logged in!

So it's not that it never logs you in, the bug is that it doesn't automatically redraw the page (or automatically take you to a new page) after it logs you in, so you have to force it to redraw it.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IHG
nice! thank you --

I don't want to start a new thread, but am trying to find the best way to get a last minute hotel on a regular laptop. Most of the sites seem to require a smartphone app. Back to that search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.