FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Best Western | Best Western Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards-416/)
-   -   Best Western - 3 Stays - 17 Jun - 16 Aug 2013 - Get BW Free Night (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-western-best-western-rewards/1472772-best-western-3-stays-17-jun-16-aug-2013-get-bw-free-night.html)

TallestHotelInJapan Jun 3, 2013 5:55 pm

Best Western - 3 Stays - 17 Jun - 16 Aug 2013 - Get BW Free Night

Best Western Rewards® Summer Promotion 2013
Dates: June 17, 2013 – August 18, 2013

The Best Western Rewards member must be REGISTERED for the promotion prior to their stay to earn the free night voucher. Registration ends July 28, 2013. Best Western Rewards ® members can register for the promotion by going online at www.bestwestern.com/summer or by logging into their Best Western Rewards account profile and registering through their profile.

FAQs

Fine print: Promotion free night vouchers can only be redeemed at Best Western branded hotels located in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean. ---> Again discriminating the non-North America members!

rustyr Jun 4, 2013 9:26 am

Better than the 3x get $50 trvl card promo in my view.

Yul_voyager Jun 4, 2013 11:32 am

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 20860671)
Fine print: Promotion free night vouchers can only be redeemed at Best Western branded hotels located in the United States, Canada or the Caribbean. ---> Again discriminating the non-North America members!

Yes that sucks. Last year it was valid worldwide...
Still worth it if you have to stay at BW hotels. Doesn't worth a MR however.

TallestHotelInJapan Jun 4, 2013 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager (Post 20864868)
Yes that sucks. Last year it was valid worldwide...
Still worth it if you have to stay at BW hotels. Doesn't worth a MR however.

Absolutely, it's even worse for me: a reason to avoid BW. Since I have no intention to visit the USA, I won't have any use of a US hotel voucher. They are virtually worthless to me, and I still have two vouchers from the last promotion. They will most likely void by the end of June.

Mrgolfer21 Jun 10, 2013 11:52 am

Annoying promotion

While this seems like a decent promo, it is rather annoying when you want to cash in. I have one from the previous promotion, that expires on June 30th. The new promo doesn't start until June 17th, which means even if i qualify right away, I may not be able to use it for July 1st, which is when I'm really trying to stay. I'm sure this is done by design, make it hard to cash in over the 4th of July week, but still a pain. The place I want to use it at even has rooms, but they can't extend my current one by one day. Such limited time to use the rewards.

fireworksboy Jun 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 20860671)

I'm guessing that should say "voucher" since only one can be earned by member.

TallestHotelInJapan Jun 15, 2013 4:28 am

Originally Posted by fireworksboy (Post 20926128)
I'm guessing that should say "voucher" since only one can be earned by member.

Would you be so kind and inform BW customer service about their spelling mistake? Thank you!

Yul_voyager Jun 15, 2013 5:43 am

For them it is vouchers, because they expect to give more than one voucher (in general).

jumbooze Jun 16, 2013 12:07 pm

This voucher is transferable to other persons. according to the terms so no need to let it expire...

TallestHotelInJapan Jun 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by jumbooze (Post 20932956)
This voucher is transferable to other persons. according to the terms so no need to let it expire...

Transferable yes, but who needs North American vouchers? I will let two vouchers expire by the end of this month because I have myself no use and nobody wanted to have them in exchange of other goods. So, for me, such North American voucher promotions are extremely bad. Why not worldwide valid vouchers?

sdsearch Jun 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 20934100)
Transferable yes, but who needs North American vouchers? I will let two vouchers expire by the end of this month because I have myself no use and nobody wanted to have them in exchange of other goods. So, for me, such North American voucher promotions are extremely bad. Why not worldwide valid vouchers?

Or, at least, vouchers redeemable in the "North American club region", which per post 4 of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...n-members.html

includes South America, Central America, Asia, and South Africa! :rolleyes:

I'd say Best Western seems to have problems with inconsistent defintiions of North America!

But how did you end up with two vouchers? Each person was only supposed to be able to earn one voucher in that promo!

I could use North American vouchers if they expired later. My complaint was not in the terroritality of it, it was with the short expiration. I could have used lots of BW vouchers had they expired in mid-July rather than end of June. (I'm going someplace in early July in North America where the hotels are not so cheap, there are lots of BWs there but high point requirement per night. I'm having to at stay at other brands with other points [that are bit better value], sometimes a little further away, but it sure would have been nice to be able to use BW free night vouchers there. But I can't earn a voucher in the new promo in time for that, and the old promo's vouchers expired before this trip.

TallestHotelInJapan Jun 23, 2013 1:25 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 20947765)
Or, at least, vouchers redeemable in the "North American club region", which per post 4 of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...n-members.html

includes South America, Central America, Asia, and South Africa! :rolleyes:

I'd say Best Western seems to have problems with inconsistent defintiions of North America!

But how did you end up with two vouchers? Each person was only supposed to be able to earn one voucher in that promo!

I could use North American vouchers if they expired later. My complaint was not in the terroritality of it, it was with the short expiration. I could have used lots of BW vouchers had they expired in mid-July rather than end of June. (I'm going someplace in early July in North America where the hotels are not so cheap, there are lots of BWs there but high point requirement per night. I'm having to at stay at other brands with other points [that are bit better value], sometimes a little further away, but it sure would have been nice to be able to use BW free night vouchers there. But I can't earn a voucher in the new promo in time for that, and the old promo's vouchers expired before this trip.

North American Club region, i.e. including Asia? That is good news. But most likely wrong information! I sent an email to BW North America customer service to verify that information. The answer is:

The Summer 2013 promotion is offered by the North American Club which includes United States, Canada, and the Caribbean. There is also a club for Europe, Asia, Australia, and Africa. Each club sets its own promotion and the terms and conditions. The voucher is only valid in the North American Club because it is a North American promotion.

PS: One voucher from my own account and one which my brother got. But he always leaves freebies to me.P:

Yul_voyager Jul 22, 2013 4:40 pm

If you register for this promo, as well as the AE 2000 miles promo and chose AE miles instead of BW points, do you still get the voucher after 3 stays ?

hearna Jul 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager (Post 21141022)
If you register for this promo, as well as the AE 2000 miles promo and chose AE miles instead of BW points, do you still get the voucher after 3 stays ?

Yes

kevinhd Aug 16, 2013 9:27 am

Hello

anyone can tell me how long it took after the third stay before the voucher arrived by E-Mail? Had three stays, last stay about 12 days ago, nothing happend yet.
How is the voucher to be redeemed? Call BW? Call the Hotel? Can it be used in any hotel at any room as long as rooms are available?

Thank you