Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best Western - 3 Stays 22 Apr - 9 Jun 2013, Get BW $50 Travel Card

Best Western - 3 Stays 22 Apr - 9 Jun 2013, Get BW $50 Travel Card

Old Apr 13, 2013, 5:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool Best Western - 3 Stays 22 Apr - 9 Jun 2013, Get BW $50 Travel Card

http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...ump&ptype=base

3 Seperate stays between 4/22/13 and 6/9/13 and get $50 MasterCard Gift Card.^

Safe Travels,

Doc
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Sucks a little bit, knowing last year we got a voucher for any BW worldwide (which I was able to redeem for a 400 euros hotel in Paris during Christmas).
But still better than nothing...
Old Apr 16, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Sucks a little bit, knowing last year we got a voucher for any BW worldwide (which I was able to redeem for a 400 euros hotel in Paris during Christmas).
Actually, you may be getting confused: Last year they had both types of promos (gift card and voucher) at different times, and so far this year also. They had a free voucher promo that just ended (but that free voucher has to be used by the end of June):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...lan-miles.html
Old Apr 16, 2013, 5:46 pm

Yes I saw the voucher promo, but given the short period we were able to use the voucher and the fact it was limited to the US / Canada I just didn't go for this...
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Last year was such a great promotion, yes!

This year is even worse, I am not able to register- Oh, it says that I am already registered for a promotion, but have no clue about that!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Last year was such a great promotion, yes!

This year is even worse
You're all getting confused. This promo ends in early June. The "great" promo you are referring to from last year didn't start until mid-June! It was called the "summer'" promo. Look:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...t-voucher.html

So IMHO it's unfair to try to compare this late-April through early-June promo to last years's mid-June through mid-August promo!

The spring promo last year was almost identical to this current one. Look:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...bonus-pts.html

And I don't see what's so much worse about this year's $50 travel card promo compared to last year's $50 travel card promo at the same time of year! (Registration issues aside...)

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 17, 2013 at 5:04 pm
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/o...ump&ptype=base

3 Seperate stays between 4/22/13 and 6/9/13 and get $50 MasterCard Gift Card.^

Safe Travels,

Doc
Incorrect. The linked site says it's a $50 USD Best Western Travel Card, not a MasterCard Gift Card.

A Best Western Travel Card, if you're not familiar with it, is a card you can only use at Best Western hotels. It carries no MC or Visa or Amex or Discover or Star or Cirrus logo, and thus cannot be used anywhere else.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Thread rettitled at request of member using " Alert a moderator to this post". Thanks!

JDiver
senior moderator
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You're all getting confused. This promo ends in early June. The "great" promo you are referring to from last year didn't start until mid-June! It was called the "summer'" promo. Look:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...t-voucher.html

So IMHO it's unfair to try to compare this late-April through early-June promo to last years's mid-June through mid-August promo!

The spring promo last year was almost identical to this current one. Look:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...bonus-pts.html

And I don't see what's so much worse about this year's $50 travel card promo compared to last year's $50 travel card promo at the same time of year! (Registration issues aside...)
Yes you are right... Let's wait to the end of spring to see if they come back with a voucher promo like last year...
Old May 27, 2013, 11:40 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I stayed at 2 BWs in early May in Florida this year, earning 1000 Aeroplan miles each. So far I have no reason to stay at a BW by June 9 to earn my $50 card, but I have changed my registration to the promo offering 2K Aeroplan per stay until Aug. 31!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:50 am
Suspended

I wonder if a stay 9th to 10th June still qualifies for this promotion
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
This is odd because the gift card arrives in an email, and it says print it and give to the hotel. I am using mine in Paris, but I am almost certain they will have no idea what to do with it. Does anyone have experiencing using the digital certificate by printing and handing to the front desk?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
This is odd because the gift card arrives in an email, and it says print it and give to the hotel. I am using mine in Paris, but I am almost certain they will have no idea what to do with it. Does anyone have experiencing using the digital certificate by printing and handing to the front desk?
I have experiences, but only within the US (where there's no issue of "what does $50 mean here?". I have had no problems, and have done this a couple cycles.

But there's an obvious question of what conversion rate does a hotel overseas use for figuring out how much "$50 off" is? And on what day does it do it (currency conversions can fluctuate constantly)?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Cool

No worries on forex conversion. I bought a C$500 GC from BW last year to get bonus Aeroplan miles. When I used it in the USA, the hotel processed the charge in US$ & BW headquarters converted it at within 1/2% of the mid-market rate!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:25 pm
Suspended

I confirm. They are very honest when it comes to BW vouchers. No xchange cheating

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.