Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

Reply

Old Aug 12, 14, 4:06 pm
  #121  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 23,783
Originally Posted by mgn2000 View Post
I had booked a 1 King Room. The site with the lower rate was
" Standard Room ". When I put in a claim, I knew it was a long shot.
Best Western has No Standard Room Category.
Most BRG program require the same room type, so you'd likely get this rejection in most other BRG programs too. (Marriott is the one I follow the most, and it's definitely rejected people for the same reason.)

However, I'd say it's very nice that the hotel lowered your rate (to match the third-party rate) while (presumably) keeping it a valid BW points-earning rate (which it wouldn't be if you booked at the third-party site). They didn't have to do that.
sdsearch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 14, 9:10 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Posts: 173
I tried a BRG for Venice a few months back, but I learned the guarantee only applies to US properties.

Recently, I was helping arrange a one night stay in Ruidoso, NM which has a very nice BW so I had the opportunity to give the BRG another shot. I booked the room on 8/23 and received this response on 8/24:

"Thank you for contacting Best Western International. We are currently reviewing your Low Rate Guarantee Claim and will be in contact with youwithin 48 hours.

If we can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact us back at 800-528-1238."

By 8/26 I had still not heard back, so I cancelled the reservation and made other arrangements. Then on 8/29, a full 6 days after I submitted the BRG, I receive this response:

"Good morning. After an extensive review of your claim, we have determined the claim to be denied for the following reason:

The rate on booking.com was listed as a promotional/negotiated rate (36% off). These types of rates are ineligible for the low-rate guarantee.

If we can be of further service, or if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again."

I found this whole ordeal rather ridiculous and will not attempt a BW BRG in the future, as it appears it is utter nonsense. I have had very good luck lately with SPG and Marriott BRGs and have found they are relatively straightforward and easy to deal with.

It seems that others here have had similar experiences with the BW BRG. I am moving on after this experience. Good luck to anyone trying to BRG.
sweetz_21_83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 14, 9:14 am
  #123  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83 View Post
I found this whole ordeal rather ridiculous and will not attempt a BW BRG in the future, as it appears it is utter nonsense. I have had very good luck lately with SPG and Marriott BRGs and have found they are relatively straightforward and easy to deal with.

It seems that others here have had similar experiences with the BW BRG. I am moving on after this experience. Good luck to anyone trying to BRG.
I believe that YMMV with any program. I have had great success with BW BRGs. I have not had much luck with Marriott BRGs. I have not had one Marriott BRG approved as the rate always changes before I get a response.

Best Western's BRG and the promo for a free night after 3 stays has caused me to stay at more BWs than ever. Some are motels (which I avoid), but some are unique properties or new builds that have the same amenities found elsewhere. I somewhat enjoy the individuality of each hotel.

Sorry that you didn't have good luck, but there are others who have succeeded multiple times. Better luck next time.
ArkansasTraveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 14, 11:34 am
  #124  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Posts: 173
Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler View Post
I believe that YMMV with any program. I have had great success with BW BRGs. I have not had much luck with Marriott BRGs. I have not had one Marriott BRG approved as the rate always changes before I get a response.

Best Western's BRG and the promo for a free night after 3 stays has caused me to stay at more BWs than ever. Some are motels (which I avoid), but some are unique properties or new builds that have the same amenities found elsewhere. I somewhat enjoy the individuality of each hotel.

Sorry that you didn't have good luck, but there are others who have succeeded multiple times. Better luck next time.
I'm glad that BW has worked well for you. I agree that BW has some nice properties, even though I rarely stay with them. The New Orleans Best Western Plus St Charles and the BW Pine Springs Ruidoso are two I have enjoyed in the past. I am actually more ok with the BRG being denied for a non-sense reason (I occasionally BRG IHG) than for the time lapse. I think 6 days is unacceptable, I had already moved on. My main problem is that I was emailed saying they would get back to me within 48 hours when it actually took 5 days.
sweetz_21_83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 14, 9:52 am
  #125  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83 View Post
I'm glad that BW has worked well for you. I agree that BW has some nice properties, even though I rarely stay with them. The New Orleans Best Western Plus St Charles and the BW Pine Springs Ruidoso are two I have enjoyed in the past. I am actually more ok with the BRG being denied for a non-sense reason (I occasionally BRG IHG) than for the time lapse. I think 6 days is unacceptable, I had already moved on. My main problem is that I was emailed saying they would get back to me within 48 hours when it actually took 5 days.
I find a quick email or phone call to follow up within the 48 hours will get the BRG resolved. I agree that 5 days is too long to wait when BW promises a turn around time of 48 hours. Better luck in the future. My travels take me to some very nice places, but I also travel to out of the way places in rural Arkansas where a Best Western or Days Inn is the best available accommodations within a 30 minute drive.
ArkansasTraveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 14, 5:17 pm
  #126  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GVA, BSL, ZRH
Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Posts: 378
Got today my 100$ travel card on e-mail, but no expiry was stated on. Anyone knows how long it is valid ? I've read once, it is 3 months, is it?



Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83 View Post
I tried a BRG for Venice a few months back, but I learned the guarantee only applies to US properties.
I got my claim accepted for a stay in Santiago de Chile.
Artemio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 14, 4:30 pm
  #127  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW
Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Posts: 985
Originally Posted by Artemio View Post
Got today my 100$ travel card on e-mail, but no expiry was stated on. Anyone knows how long it is valid ? I've read once, it is 3 months, is it?
I don't believe there is an expiration. I've had several of the 100.00s and they've never had an expiration on them and I've used them even more than a year later. Those are my experiences.

YMMV but it might be worth it to call CS to make sure.
mile ho is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 14, 10:12 am
  #128  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
Posts: 97
[QUOTE=Artemio;23537193]Got today my 100$ travel card on e-mail, but no expiry was stated on. Anyone knows how long it is valid ? I've read once, it is 3 months, is it?

My email says it expires on sept 30.
jbvideo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 14, 12:32 pm
  #129  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Programs: AA GLD, AS MVP, DL, AC, *wood Gold
Posts: 150
I found a cheaper rate on Expedia.ca for all room types and booking conditions for a BW in Vancouver and submitted a claim. Costumer service came back with a denied claim as they say they can't see the expedia rates. I asked they look again and of course they wait just long enough for the rates to be changed on Expedia then say claim denied as the prices are the same. I should have taken screen shots but I didn't think BW would be that incompetent or dishonest. SCAM!!
hudson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 14, 5:39 pm
  #130  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GVA, BSL, ZRH
Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Posts: 378
Originally Posted by jbvideo View Post
My email says it expires on sept 30.
Mine doesn't mention any date
NB: the claim was treated in Milano, Italie
Artemio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 14, 7:25 pm
  #131  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Posts: 185
I got the email below. I dont understand why they are trying to change dates.
I have a resrvation with fixed dates. After I got the email, I went to the website, I was allowed to change dates. I entered many dates.
I did email BW back, no reply yet.

Thank you for contacting Best Western International.

We have processed your Low Rate Guarantee Claim and the claim has been denied for the following reason(s):

The website of www.xxxxx.com is not allowing a change of date. We have attempted to change the date on the website and it does not allow us to do so. Since we cannot change the date your claim is denied. Please provide a website that we may locate a lower rate for you.
mgn2000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 14, 1:55 pm
  #132  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Posts: 7,450
Just did one recently for Bryce Canyon - a 2 night stay during Christmas period.

I sent off the claim form and 2 hours later I got a confirmation mail saying that they are processing my claim and 2 hours later they adjusted the rate and $100 GC after my stay.

That was a good BRG experience - in fact better than Marriott!
nacho is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 14, 8:55 am
  #133  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 50
Having a hard time with a BRG claim. i submitted a claim for a stay in Mansfield, TX towards the end of the year because hotels.com has a refundable rate of $71 and the only refundable rate on bestwestern.com is $89 with the same exact cancellation policy. They have denied my claim because they say BW.com has a $71 advanced payment non-refundable rate. I have screen shots even that I have sent them. Do I still have grounds here with this BRG claim to continue pushing them to reconsider their answer?
cba13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 14, 11:53 am
  #134  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 50
FYI...according to BW.com BRG T&C's they only have to have the same room type at the same price but the same rate type doesn't matter. So they can provide a non-refundable rate that is equal to another site's refundable rate and will not accept a BRG claim. I've never faced that with other hotels BRG T&C's before.
cba13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 14, 1:00 am
  #135  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Posts: 7,450
That's odd - the BRG I just filed had non-refundable rates too. I'm wondering if there is anything to do with how many nights you are staying?
nacho is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread