Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]

Old Sep 6, 12, 9:53 am

Programs: AC E, HH Gold
how successful did you guys get the "Internet only rate" refunded to the creditcard and used the Travel card to pay instead when checking in?

and how successful would you guys say BW granted the BRG to compare to other website's standard prices?
Old Sep 6, 12, 8:20 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
If they can't find the rate, you'll be denied
Old Sep 8, 12, 1:47 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by getliquid View Post
first time doing this

if when the BW person checks on the expedia website or whatever cheapest rate is from, and it shows there is no room left (cant see prices anymore), will it be disapproved? or can they see history prices somehow? The date I just submitted got 1 room left showing on expedia so fingers crossed?

is the 1 claim/30days per account/address/name or what? We were looking at 2 night stay at the same place with both nights cheaper on expedia, so I booked one night and my wife booked the 2nd night, will it work?
You will get the lower rate for both nights, but only ONE $ 100 Travel card.
The T & C states ONE per household in a 30 day period.
You might get lucky and both of you get it.
Old Sep 8, 12, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Ti, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
Tried out the international program for the first time this weekend with success. I really like how the BW BRG people act like people. I had given some very specific directions on how to find the rate but the gentleman couldn't make it work. So on his own, he tweaked my directions a little bit and was able to see the same type of rate as what I saw, within about 1 Euro. It was great to not have to call up to try to work it out.

P.S. Even tho I'm using BRG, I am definitely staying at BW more these days on paid rates. It's working out quite well.
Old Sep 9, 12, 7:38 pm

2 rejected claims, do I have a valid case?

1. Difference within 1 USD, 89.99 vs 89.05USD
REJECTED

2. I was looking at a location in US, but to avoid foriegn exchange fee on my Visa I booked it in cdn currency on BW's website, and comparing it to expedia's price in CDN it was higher, claim rejected again since they say they only base the currency where the hotel is located.

REJECTEd...
Old Sep 9, 12, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Ti, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
Originally Posted by getliquid View Post
2 rejected claims, do I have a valid case?
It really has to be asked... did you actually read the terms and conditions for this program?

No. You don't have valid claims. It has to be at least 1 USD difference.

Doesn't say anything about currency, tho it does say this:

Consumer must reside in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands...
Do you? Otherwise, this entire program is not open to you.

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/terms.pdf
Old Sep 10, 12, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago View Post
It really has to be asked... did you actually read the terms and conditions for this program?

No. You don't have valid claims. It has to be at least 1 USD difference.

Doesn't say anything about currency, tho it does say this:

Do you? Otherwise, this entire program is not open to you.

http://www.bestwestern.com/lowrates/terms.pdf
I did read the terms after my first claim got rejected, then when I took the same rate I was looking at changed it to CDN since I'm paying with a cdn card, on both BW and Expedia the difference was over $1 ... but it was rejected again
Old Sep 10, 12, 7:43 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
No, you don't have a case
Old Sep 12, 12, 5:27 pm

another one denied, what a waste of time, who wants to stay in a Best Western anyway.
Old Sep 23, 12, 11:58 am

The Low Rate Guaratee program at Best Western (including the $100 gift card back) is history. No announcement - nothing in their press release, but you won't find it on the "new" website. Too bad because many of the properties (in North America at least) don't have internet only or 7-day advance rates listed pn the "new" website and I found several better rates, same room, same currency, same cancellation etc. I applied using a form I found through google because the web site didn't seem to have the link (but lots of links weren't working) and I received this message:

We apologize but we no longer have this offer.

If we can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact us
again.
__________________________________________________ _________

Phooey on apologies. Why didn't they just make an annoucement, put it in the newletters, whatever? No mention of dropping the program in their new web design press release either.
Plus, they have substantially reduced the number of properties that accept pets.
Lost my business. Yippee, no more waffles.
Old Sep 24, 12, 7:11 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by tMonk1 View Post
The Low Rate Guaratee program at Best Western (including the $100 gift card back) is history. No announcement - nothing in their press release, but you won't find it on the "new" website. Too bad because many of the properties (in North America at least) don't have internet only or 7-day advance rates listed pn the "new" website and I found several better rates, same room, same currency, same cancellation etc. I applied using a form I found through google because the web site didn't seem to have the link (but lots of links weren't working) and I received this message:

We apologize but we no longer have this offer.

If we can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact us
again.
__________________________________________________ _________

Phooey on apologies. Why didn't they just make an annoucement, put it in the newletters, whatever? No mention of dropping the program in their new web design press release either.
Plus, they have substantially reduced the number of properties that accept pets.
Lost my business. Yippee, no more waffles.
I can confirm the above. I booked a room and phoned Best Western. They only match the new rates, No more $ 100 Travel Card.
Old Sep 24, 12, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by mgn2000 View Post
I can confirm the above. I booked a room and phoned Best Western. They only match the new rates, No more $ 100 Travel Card.
Previous approved BRG $ 100 travel card will be Honoured.
Old Sep 24, 12, 7:23 pm

Now they dont have a BRG, just a price match. You have to phone their customer care Telephone number 1 800 528 1238. Then they give you a file number and some one will contact you in 24 hours. If confirmed you will get the lower rate.
I hope IHG does not change their FREE NIGHT POLICY.
Old Sep 25, 12, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mgn2000 View Post
Now they dont have a BRG, just a price match. You have to phone their customer care Telephone number 1 800 528 1238. Then they give you a file number and some one will contact you in 24 hours. If confirmed you will get the lower rate.
I hope IHG does not change their FREE NIGHT POLICY.
IHG doesn't notice what BW does or doesn't do (with BRGs or anything else). Choice might.

IHG pays much more attention to what Marriott, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt, etc, do, than to the "lower end" hotel groups like BW, Choice, and WyndhamRewards.
Old Sep 25, 12, 5:17 pm

Programs: This game has *seriously* lost its luster.
Grrrrrr, I finally made a BW reservation and clicked to find the BRG link, couldn't find it so naturally came to FT to find out what's what.

Search this Thread